I summon my harem to cheer me up!

It seems my lover of 5 1/2 years and husband of two is set on leaving me.
Now get your naked booties in here and make me smile!
I so command it!

please? :frowning:

OMG harmless, I’m so sorry to hear that. I may not be an official member of your harem, but (1) I got here first :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: and (2) I always enjoy your posts. I’m sending many good thoughts, well wishes, prayers, and peace to you.

Namaste. Yogini

Judging by your post in the thread with the kitty pics, I was afraid this was going to be the news :frowning:

If you need an ear, you’ve got mine. It’s not easy, but even less so with no one to talk to.

Um. Naked booty reporting in, ma’am. Is this where I’m supposed to shake it?

Maybe you just need to start looking for older guys. I mean, even if your 5 1/2 year old lover was fine with it, a guy who’s only 2 years old is just too young for marriage.
Really, though, take your time to be sad about it, but seriously: by all accounts, you got it goin’ on. Can’t swing a dead cat around MPSIMS without seeing another thread where everybody loves harmless or where harmless is spreading that love around to other Dopers. Don’t let all that love and good-personness go to waste!

I’m not sure I have an official harem. No one wears a sig-tag or anything like an official Brat.
Come to think of it, my harem doesn’t usually wear anything at all, :stuck_out_tongue:
So if you feel like buffing it and making me smile, consider yourself one of my harem. :slight_smile:
Buffing it to make me smile is acceptable to.
Please forgive any mistakes as I am currently Corona’ing right now.

I just can’t quit crying right now.
I came home yesterday to find his ring pinned to a note on my side of the bed.
It looked as if he used wire or bolt cutters to get it off.
More stuff was gone today with another note.
Addressed to my full name.

That’s terrible :frowning: I’m so sorry you’re going through this, in this way.

I’d buff it, but I doubt it’d make you smile so much as run screaming from the room, attempting to remove your eyeballs with a rusty shrimp fork.

I do have a crab fork, but it’s not rusty.
Sides, no eyes, no tears, maybe? :wink:

I’m really sorry, harmless. I shouldn’t have been so flippant, and I sincerely apologize for that.

But the rest of my post was totally valid: you don’t know me from Adam (or Steve), but I can already tell that you’re one of the ones holding down the fort on this board. I wouldn’t have been so flippant if I hadn’t seen you get the very first nomination for official Doper smart-ass. :slight_smile:

Take people up on their offers to talk to you about it. What you’re going through right now sucks, there’s no two ways about it. Crying’s normal; do it as much as you need. But remember you are by no means alone!

Tried that. They just end up escaping through other orifices that shall remain unnamed.
:smiley:

Sweets, (can I call you sweets? I’m only one beer in so it may get worse!) you made me smile.
A smartass can appreciate another smartass. :slight_smile:

[Homer]Mmmmmmmmmm. Crabs.[Homer}

Buff? Sure why not.

defrocks

Feel better now?

by the way, upon defrocking, my cat quickly leapt off the bed and retired to the living room…makes you wonder about what he must have thought I was about to do…

:wink:

And you’re right, from my post I am being left by two toddler.
instead of the one :stuck_out_tongue:

Smilies make it so easy to look happy.
see -> :slight_smile:

Lots. :slight_smile:

Whew! You’re one letter away from being HAREMLESS.

:frowning:

But I needs my harem more, not less. :frowning:

Oh, harmless, I don’t know what to say other than I am sorry this is happening to you. Your posts always bring a smile to my face, and I wish I could do something now to make you smile. I don’t know the particulars of your scenario, but I do know that it hurts when a relationship ends, let alone a marriage. From one Doper Brat to another, best of luck to you during the next few days. Cry, scream, punch pillows, pig out on Ben and Jerry’s, watch loads of stupid sitcoms, do what ever it takes to make you feel better. And in time, you will. You have lots of friends here who care about you. :wink:

Don’t worry, that’s all I’ve been doing.
At work, crying in my nachos, reading the Dope.
Luckily I had only three customers.

He’s just been so hateful lately.
I’ve been depressed since Monday morning over how he’s been treating.
When I got home the other day, first thing out of his mouth was “So, what, are you in a bad mood already?”
I told him, “No, I’m still upset over how you’ve been treating me.”
He laughed.
When asked if he thought my emotions were funny, his reply was, “yes”.

Aww, I’m so sorry harmless. I went through a shitty divorce years ago. If you want to email me and talk about what pigs men can be, my email is in my profile.

In the meantime, can I offer you a big bottle of Bailey’s in which to drown your sorrows? I promise not to pour it on you.