I think I just dissed my mom

Ok, let’s see - no jokes about:

1. sex - if jokes about gays are offensive then, by definition, jokes about straights, bi-sexuals, and asexuals are as well, 'cause they have feelings, too. So no sex jokes.
  2. race - which, again by definition, includes the one to which you belong, 'cause that’s bigotry
  3. violence - for it may tempt someone to act acordingly and besides, it degrades the object of the violence
  4. politics - too divisive, bound to offend someone
  5. religion - shows one is opposed to inclusion; offensive to malign someone’s sacred cow
  6. traits - no short, tall, fat, skinny, smart or dumb jokes. Real people make up each catagory.

And no using animals in jokes, either, 'cause we know you’re really inferring a catagory of people. So we’re left with:

Q: Why did something cross the road?
A: To get to the other side!

No, I’m sorry, but that infers that the other side is better. Some somethings may not be able, due to societal, monetary, or physical contraints, to get to the other side. It’s not their fault. Those somethings find this “joke” offensive. Please refrain from all humor.

[sub]Yes, this post is mostly tongue-in-cheek and not aimed at the OP specifically, but thin-skinnedness in general is driving me batty[/sub]