I think it's time I leave

I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I think it’s time I take off for a while. I have some real life things I need to do, and this is too much of a distraction for me. I’ll still be around for a day or two, (waiting for some things to happen IRL before I’m officially gone) but then I’m taking my leave of absence. I just wanted to thank the mods and admins for doing such a good job here and some of the friends I’ve made online for being there when I’ve had problems in the past.

I don’t know if I’ll be posting again (if at all) before the Springfield DopeFest this April, but I still plan to attend. I’ll stop by to check for details and I’ll keep in touch with some of you in email.

Anyway, thanks everyone for making this place fun.

Sorry to see you go, Crunchy, but I certainly understand what time-sucker this place is. See you in Spiffled.

Take care and see you 'round, [sub]Bratman]/sub] Crunchy.

Maybe I’ll have this coding thing down by the time you get back. :smiley:

I’ll miss you, hon. Keep in touch. hugs

Crunchy :frowning: Stay cool and all that jazz.

I guess I should say the reason I’m going. That may be appriciated, huh? I’ve been meaning to write a novel for years. I’ve always been too busy. For a while I was working full time while going to college full time. Then I hit a money-crunch and was working two jobs. Now, I have everything under control and will be getting a home PC as soon as my tax return comes in (should be any day now - I filed electronically). Once I get my return, I’m buying a PC and will sit down to write my novel.

Just an explanation so people don’t think I’m leaving due to any personal crisis or problem with anyone here on the boards.

So once I get that money (hopefully tomorrow) and my computer (hopefully the day after tomorrow) I’m outta here.:smiley:

Crunchy I miss you so much. :frowning: Best of wishes! Love you.

Will I be one of the ones you opt to keep in touch with via email?

If you email me, sure.

I’ll still have boring nights at work and I’ll need to fill that time somehow. :wink:

sorry to see you go crunchy frog. i hadn’t quite worked up the nerve to reply to your latest welcome wagon thread… anyway – let us know when you’re novel comes out – good luck.

by the way – i’m a 30 year old college graduate and i have never understood the saying “tongue in cheek” – which you used a lot in the previously mentioned thread. could you explain before you go? everytime i hear (or read in this case) that expression i picture someone physically putting their tongue in their cheek and it makes me laugh.

have a great life.

Thank you for the inspiration. I have been procrastinating working on my novel-in-progress, and you’ve made me set a goal. It won’t be long now.

Best Wishes,

Lost

Crunchy
Judging by your posts, your book’s gonna be a riot (unless it’s one of those, you know…*serious-*type novels). Hope to be enjoying it in the near future and checking out your mug on the back cover.
You are one of all-time classic Dopers, surely to be enshrined in whatever Hall of Fame we ever erect. Thanks for everything and pop on in from time to time.
All my best…it’s been real.

I don’t understand where the term tongue-in-cheek originates either, but it just means not to take me too seriously, I was just playing with people in that thread. And if you’re looking for me to welcome you now, it’s too late: I requested that thread be closed.

I’m not going to be a monk in some remote mission in Zanzibar, I’m taking a leave of absense. I’ll be back after a couple (or 12) months. I just want to get a jump start on this novel without any distractions.

Bye Crunchy! I guess I’ll volunteer to greet the newbies in your abscence…might as well, since I spend all my free time here anyway*, and I’m too young to be a mod…
[sub]*–Hey! I have a life! I even have a girlfriend…she’s a poster here.[/sub]

Actually, I have three projects I want to work on (always have one on hold, so if you get stuck, you can move on to the other project and keep writing and working on something).
One is a comedy and I requested Wally’s permission some time back to use his gerbil story in it. He gave me permission and I’ve since changed the lead character’s name to Walter in honor of him.
The other is most definitely a serious-type.

Gunslinger - you’ll have to start your own thread, as I had mine closed. Good luck, it can suck up a lot of time (and a lot of material).

Crunchy,
I know this is going to sound really kiss-ass, but it’s not. I just wanted to say that you are one of the posters that I always look for when I’m hanging out on the boards. My post to your welcome wagon was one of the first I ever made and I read every response there after. Damn, I’m going to miss that.

Good luck on your novel. From what I’ve read, it sounds like you’ve got a lot going on in your life right now. I hope that it all works out for the best. Hurry back.

but,but, but… You’re one of my favorite posters! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:frowning:

And if you’re looking for me to welcome you now, it’s too late: I requested that thread be closed.
i know i missed my chance. i think i’ll survive. (that was said with tongue in cheek)
thanks anyway for the explanation – if that could be considered an explanation.

have a great next few (or 12) months then.

'Luck with it, pal! I hope it turns out to be the experience you hope it to be.

We’ll keep the light on for ya.

Crunchy, before you go, I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for reaching out to me a few days ago. I looked forward to reading your posts before that, and now, I really, really will miss you! :frowning: Good luck, and as soon as your book is published, you will be getting royalties from me!