I think my marriage is finished

Today, at about 9:20 this morning, the final hearing in my divorce case was scheduled. My attorney said I didn’t have to attend and so I didn’t. I haven’t heard anything from him, so I assume every thing went according to plan. The time allotted for the hearing was five minutes which kind of emphasizes the insignificance of the fourteen years we spent together.

I hope she has a better life now.

I’m sorry.

That sucks. Best of luck as you transition into the next phase of your life.

I’m so sorry LouisB, that must suck.

The significance of your 14 yrs is for you alone to determine. Try and remember the joy and the glee, from the early years, and give yourself permission to forget the rest. Force yourself to only rehash the good bits.

And never forget that this kind of loss ties you to every single other person on earth. No one gets through life without experiencing loss, you’re not alone.

Oh, and we’re right here if you feel like talking!

Sorry to hear this and everybody feels for you. Doesn’t sound like you’re over it. Not sure I would advise you to dwell on the good times right now.

I hope you have a better life, too, Louis. I certainly don’t understand how it went from “my darling Marcie” every time you referred to your wife to “she kicked me out and wants a divorce out of the blue,” but something happened somehow, and I guess all you can do is accept it. If you’re having a hard time accepting it because it isn’t fair and it doesn’t make sense, I’m right there with you.

Climate is what you expect, but weather is what you get.

Just move on and think about yourself for a while.

Hope 2010 is a much better year for you, LouisB.

I am so sorry. I, too, remember the many times you referred to “my darling Marcie,” and remember being absolutely floored by the original post regarding the sudden request for a divorce.

May you find peace and happiness.

Really sorry that you’re going through all this pain, LouisB. You don’t have to minimize the importance of those 14 years, they were important, no doubt filled with many happy moments as well as the other kind.

I hope that once you’re healed you’ll find a better life ahead. I wouldn’t find it in my heart to wish your darling Marcie a better life. I hope she lives to regret what she threw away.

Hang in there, and let us know how you’re doing. BTW, it’s ok to be angry, you know, I’d be spitting mad at her.

It’s almost poetic how quickly something can be over. Not poetic in a beautiful, sunrise sort of way, but poetic in almost an elegiac sort of way.

I mean, fourteen years ultimately finished in 5 minutes.

I feel for you sir, I really do. I hope you can rise from the ashes of this to find something better for you. Maybe not someone, necessarily, but something better. Peace, hope, understanding… something. You are in my thoughts.

I’m so sorry. I know how hard this year has been for you – hope things start looking up soon.

Aw, honey. At least that part is over now, not hanging over your head. Take good care of yourself as you go through the next few months. I hope 2010 is a much better year for you.

{{{LouisB}}}

When life hands you oranges, make lemonade. Then ask yourself how you made lemonade from oranges.

And if that bit of advice doesn’t help, then forget I said anything, 'cause that’s all I got.

I’m sorry about this. Nothing is easy, is it?

When my still-stubbornly-broken heart starts getting to me, I write down my feelings at Group Hug Online Confessions. It’s mostly angsty teenagers, but somehow realizing how we all go through hard times makes me feel better. If you feel bad, you are nowhere near alone. It’s the second oldest story mankind has got for us.

And if you aren’t a bitter person who gets calmed by other people’s misery (like me) there is always Gives Me Hope, where people write about good things people have done for them.

I don’t have any good words, Louis, but I’m sorry that you have to go through this.

Its ok to have a good life yourself too!

Just know that it gets better brother. It might be hard to believe now but you aren’t always going to feel this crappy. Hang in there.

Best wishes, LouisB.