I threw my back out while having sex. I feel old.

My back is re-aligned now, but it hurts like crazy. Are there any exercises I can do to help, and what movements might make it worse?

More sex! If at first you don’t succeed, and all that…

I’m assuming there was another person there at the time? (angelic smiley)

If he or she was one top – try again with him or her on the bottom. Or vice versa.

Meh. I had one patient complain that he threw his dick out while having sex.

Turns out they’d been vigorous enough to contuse his corpus cavernosum, leaving a big swollen ecchymosis (bruise). He did eventually detumesce, but I put him on meds to inhibit erections for about a week, along with 24 hours of cold compresses to the region, and 6 days of cold, cold showers. I wanted to prevent development of scar tissue, if at all possible. That could have left him with a 30 to 45 degree curve.

He did eventually return to action without problems.

God damn, QtM. You have the gnarliest job…

:smiley:

Don’t get me started. I saw the most unusual scrotum today…
sorry, I’ll stop the hijack now.

You cannot leave this thread without explaining this one!

::sigh:: I wish I could could feel old right about now. Just for 30 minutes or so… :rolleyes:

No, no, don’t stop! :wink:

Wait. So if someone has contused his “corpus cavernosum” (whatever the hell that is), that can cause a curve in his penis? I have often wondered if this was inherited or, what?

You feel old…I caught myself listing to NPR today.

::Sigh:: listening

Well, at least you all made me laugh. My back really does hurt, though, and there will be no sex of any kind until it stops! I will try cold compresses, but I was wondering if there were leg lifts or something I could do that will keep the back muscles from cramping.

Oh, and Quadgop, if you’re going to hijack the thread, you should post the whole story. Tell us about the scrotum!

Look, if you throw your back out whilst doing the deed you’re not old. You simply screw like a champion. You know, the whole get your back into your work and all.

Clurican- Who has broken a headboard in half… :smiley:

If it makes you feel better, I’m not old and. . .

(warning: if you know me IRL, you probably don’t wanna read this)

. . .and I screwed up my shoulder while masturbating. Got a little too into it. Whoops.

Hell, I worked with a guy who had long fingernails. He once cut his scrotum open while ‘attending to an itch’ in his sleep.

My boss had to order the company medic to… dress his wound.

For a few weeks after that, when ever he got sweaty, the sweat would get into the wound, and all his co-workers, including myself, would have to hear him complaining about how “Papa’s shit hurts!!!”.

Myself, I once threw out a knee while having sex. It was worth it, but the knee still bothers me from time to time.

It depends how sore you are. I have a back-exercise book that begins for the very sore with this exercise: Lie on your back on the floor with your knees up. Insert a folded towel beneath your buttocks. Hold the stretch. Remove towel. Repeat.

Most of the exercises involve stretching it safely and strengthening back and stomach muscles. Only you know how sore you are. Give us a hint of your degree of soreness, and where it hurts most and least.

And, of course, I am not snorking at you in any way, shape, or manner.

The corpora cavernosa (that’s the plural) are two “chambers” of spongy heavily venous tissues that fill up with blood to provide the erection. They constitute the main body of the penis. A third, smaller, structure called the corpus spongiosum surrounds the urethra on the underside of the penis.

The main cause of penile curvature is Peyronie’s Disease, and yes, there is believed to be a genetic predisposition in many cases, due to the existence of familial clusters. Trauma can initiate or aggravate the scarring, but cases often arise without apparent cause. AFAIK, the underlying mechanism is not fully known, and it’s likely that more than one cause results in the common final mechanism of inflammation and scarring. In many cases, there may be an autoimmune component.

Now that QtM doesn’t have to deliver that spiel, maybe he’ll have time to tell us his scrotum story. Don’t make me tell you mine!

I’m glad to hear my GF wasn’t the only one to have this happen. :o