I Want You to Want Me

And no, this is not some knock off version of “Which Doper are you drooling over”, there’s enough of those damnable things around as it is. No, I just want to know if there are any recordings of Letters to Cleo’s version of “I Want You to Want Me” other than the one on the Ten Things I Hate About You soundtrack. I tried looking through LtC’s website, but had problems loading a couple pages, and couldn’t find any mention of even the Ten Things recording.

darn it, I was thinking that Flyp had finally given me the opening I’ve waited for to reveal my desires. Never mind.

Chef: Me too.

The only I Want You to Want Me I know is by Cheap Trick.

Heh. Flyp watched * 10 Things I Hate About You *. Heh.

I checked out CDNow for ya, Flyp. I only found one recording of that song by Letters to Cleo, and it’s on the 10 Things I Hate About You soundtrack. Sorry.

Clowns.

Thanks, Chris.

What, you come in here when you need something, we try & help, and you call us names? [Pesci]We’re clowns to you? Funny how? How are we funny?[/Pesci]

:wink:

Ah, I only know those lyrics, by Cheap Trick:
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I´d love you to love me
I´m beggin´ you to beg me
I want you to want me
l need you to need me
I´d love you to love me
I´ll shine up my old brown shoes
I´ll put on a brand new shirt
I´ll come home early from work
If you say that you love me
Didn´t I didn´t I didn´t I see you cryin´
Oh, didn´t I, didn´t I, didn´t I see you cryin´
Feeling all alone without a friend you know you feel like dyin´
Oh, didn´t I, didn´t I, didn´t I see you cryin
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I´d love you to hive me
I´m beggin´ you to beg me
I´ll shine up my old brown shoes …
Didn´t I, didn´t I, …
Feeling all alone without a friend …
I want you …

Thanks handy.

Have you tried looking for it on Napster? You have to download the software, but then you can actually get a copy of the song. Assuming a member has it, of course.

Oh poop, Flypsyde!!!

I read your subject and thought, "ohmygawd! It’s a wedding proposal right here on SDMB!!!"

You fooled ME, I tell ya.

Thank you Handy and Persephone for the MTV 80s flashback!!

One of TechChick’s threads accidentally brought up an old J. Geils song, “Centerfold”, and now this…

*…the Dream Police, they’re looking for me

EV…REY…SING…GUL…NIGHT

they’re driving me insane…*

Sorry, I know this wasn’t even relevant to the OP. Blame it on the 80s. Now I want to find some checkered sneakers to put on. :smiley:

Okay, flashback time! Sit back and pull down your lapbar, please! :slight_smile:

Rick “Jessie’s Girl” Springfield, Tommy Tutone (867-5309 Jenny!!), Loverboy (remember MIKE RENO, bandanas and tight designer jeans!!!), veejay JJ Jackson, Billy “White Wedding” Idol, Duran Duran, Toni Basil (Oh Mickey!), Bananarama (Really Sayin’ Something, really saying something…) , The Go-Gos, Huey Lewis & the News, Pat Benetar, Dexy’s Midnight Runners (Come on Eileen), Blondie, Stray Cats, the Tubes, the Motels, the Romantics (What I Like About You), Bad English (with John Waite), Twisted Sister, Wall of Voodoo (Mexican, oh-oh, Radio… radio), Romeo Void (Never, say never. Never, say never!), Bow Wow Wow (I Want Candy), Hall & Oates (gag!), Berlin, Culture club, Psychedelic Furs, Thompson Twins, Spandau Ballet, Human League, Thomas Dolby (One of my submarines, is missing…), the Fixx (Stand or fall…), Boomtown Rats, the Vapors, Oingo Boingo, Nena (99 luftballoons), Wang Chung, Pet Shop Boys, Alan Parsons Project, Night Ranger, Krokus, REO Speedwagon, Aha, Men Without Hats, Gary “Cars” Numan, Madness, Adam Ant, Bonnie “Total Eclipse of the Heart” Tyler, Men at Work, Flock of Seagulls.

whew! What a decade! Debauchery, designer jeans, dance halls! Woo hoo!

I went to Amazon.com and listened to the sample recording of the song Flyp wanted to know about. Well golly gee willakers, this is indeed a re-recording of Cheap Trick’s “I Want You To Want Me,” which is considered the band’s break-out song. The single, which was released out of the band’s “Live at the Budokan” live recording from Tokyo’s famous arena, this version has screaming cheering Japanese fans singing along to every word in the chorus.

Letters to Cleo might be nice, but I don’t know that it’s better than Cheap Trick’s original live version.

…but then again, I went around proudly wearing my Cheap Trick concert t-shirt, faded Levi’s and leather boots back in high school, back when half the school was too busy listening to disco.

Flyp,

I just checked Napster . . . and this song is indeed in the system. Getting Napster is free, the cd burner may cost you a bit.

Or just go buy the damned soundtrack.

:smiley:

[hijack] Ohhh, handy you made me do it. You reminded me of something.
Okay, who here saw Apt Pupil and when you saw the kid wearing the “Cheap Trick” shirt with Cheap Trick written three times thought, “Hmmm, sweet shirt.” :slight_smile:
I know it was just probably me. I’m stuck in the eighties, I guess. Man, I gotto go check out Back To The Future and Teen Wolf.[/hijack]

Rob singing, “Didn’t I, Didn’t I, Didn’t I see you crying, ohhhh…”

Huh. I didn’t realize my title would get so many people’s heart palpitations going.

Thanks for the searching, guys. I’m trying to stay away from Napster, since if I get that song, I’m NOT going to buy the disc, and that defeats the “purpose” of Napster.

Fuck you very much, Lars Ulrich.

heh. Flypsyde watched * 10 Things I Hate About You. * Heh. ::ducks and dodges Flyp’s flaying fists::

Keep it up, Swim, keep it up. One of these days, POW ZAM right to the moon!