I will find you, Burger King Ad Exec ... and I will kill you

What the fuck is up with that new Chicken Whopper commercial? I mean the animated one where the chickens do a dance routine while clucking out what appears to be the single most annoying song to be unleashed on modern society.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Who green-lighted this? Who sat down with a desire to write a song and thought * Eureka! This is the melody that I shall be known for!* ??? Apparently, this person really seems to like the musical equivalent of a taking a boot to the crotch. Probably the same idiot who heard the movie treatment to “Sorority Guys” and said Finally we’ve got a movie that can really speak to people!

And on top of all of this, who decides that this commercial needs to be aired every five fucking minutes?!

I have a message for everyone involved in the concept, creation, execution, and placement of this particular advertisement: FUCK YOU.

Colin

I haven’t seen the commercial in question with the sound on (and now, more than ever, intend to avoid that experience), but the first time I saw it I expected to see the chickens screaming and running for cover when the guy whipped out the picture of the b-b-qed breast.

But I guess that’s just me.

You mean the one that goes:

Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck
Cluck-a-cluck!

:smiley:

Gosh, but I feel old.

The tune they’re clucking is the melody of the old “Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce” song, which used to be Burger King’s jingle back in the seventies. I thought it was kind of a nice (if cheesy) bit of nostalgia.

Am I the only one that recognized it? :frowning:

I hate the commercial because chickens shouldn’t really be celebrating the new chicken whopper, should they?

Or are these chickens like the cows they have at Milliways? You know, the kind that actually want to be eaten?

Have you seen the ones that offer 50 cents off a Chicken Whopper if you cluck? What an interesting idea; how better to find out if the average American values their dignity at 50 cents or less.

You’re not the only one. I recognized it right away. It’s still annoying, though.

Sheri

Simple - they’re advertising quislings.

“Cluck like a chicken to get 50 cents off.” Ah, yes, the “secret password” advertising ploy. Surely the mark of an advertising agency that’s about to go under.

Oh don’t be so pedestrian in your aesthetic judgements. I rather enjoyed the sight of a Conga line of dancing chickens buck-bucking the Burger King theme. It had a manical, Busby Berkley feel to it.

Thank you! I knew I recognized that tune, but I couldn’t place it.

Oh, by the way, Burger King, there is no damn way I’m going to cluck for 50 cents off. My dignity is worth at least a buck. :smiley:

I understand BK has a vegetarian burger.

How 'bout some dancing broccoli?

Actually, it goes

Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck!

I like it.

Yes, it’s silly and insipid. However, it is good at what it was trying to do. (Mainly be silly.) And the chickens have some good moves. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like things that are honest about their goals, however low those goals may be. They weren’t tryng to re-create the Mona Lisa, they were trying to be irreverent and goofy. They suceeded.

*Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce,
special orders don’t upset us,
all we ask is that you let us,
serve it your way.
Have it youuuuur way…

I’m only 20. Why do I know this? And thanks, I’ll have this song stuck in my head until I force myself to listen to George Michael to drive it out. :frowning:

Oh yeah, I recognized the tune right away. Actually, I think that commercial is kind of cute.

But there is no way I’m clucking for 50 cents!

BTW, does anyone remember the joke version of the song?..

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce,
Shut up, lady, don’t upset us,
All we want to do is throw it away!
Do it my way,
Throw it away!

Ah, youth!:smiley:

Okay. What the FUCK are you guys talking about? BK has a chicken Whopper? And they’re advertising it with dancing, singing chickens? The only thing I remember having seen on TV with dancing chickens was the video for “Sledgehammer”, by Peter Gabriel. Damn, now I have to search my TV for the fricking thing, 'cause I’m just lost here…I guess I get out too much. :confused:

I’m with you, 2X. Do you want to shoot him, hang him or hack him to death? How about a total emersion in his own hot oil? What an awful commercial!

Haven’t seen the BK one yet, but the new McDonald’s one for chicken strips is infinitely worse:

“I’ll TELL ya what I want, what I really, really want!”
“So TELL me what ya want, what ya really, really want!”
“I’ll TELL ya what I want, what I really, really want!”
“So TELL me what ya want, what ya really, really want!”

…and so on. I want a shotgun.

[sub]Hey! Colored smileys![/sub]

Originally posted by Dijon Warlock:

Ohmygod, that makes me laugh SO hard every time I look at it. It doesn’t lose the humor at all.

Anyway. Holy shit. I saw it tonight. I swear, my TV must be developing psychic powers, 'cause something else I was discussing popped on my TV as well…Hmmm… In any case, I could see how that could be really irritating, yeah.