I would like to change my user name to Cassandra, please

I think I’ve been playing Cassandra long enough to finally ask to have my name officially changed.

What should I do to make this happen?

If you are serious, ask @engineer_comp_geek if he can help you.

Make sure you email him instead of PM-ing him. He does this for “security reasons” (his words, not mine)

Just FYI, but there already was a poster named Cassandra back in '02 (Only 6 posts.)

Hmmm, I used the button for messaging him, where do I find his email?

@puzzlegal I am serious. I signed up to make one comment and used a throwaway name. I have learned that I like this place, but I would like a name that was chosen rather than grabbed.

I think that this will not end well.

“…and don’t call me Shirley. Call me Cassandra.”

I don’t understand. I don’t think that I’ve broken any rules by asking about this. Could you please explain?

I don’t either. As long as I can remember, the Powers That Be here have been very willing to grant one free name change upon request (but much more reluctant to re-change a user’s name a second time without a good reason).

Maybe referring to:

Cassandra was a Trojan priestess of Apollo in Greek mythology cursed to utter true prophecies, but never to be believed.

I assumed that’s what was meant.

It’s partly for security reasons to make sure that the request actually came from the person requesting it, and partly to make sure that I can stay in contact with the user in case they somehow end up having problems accessing their account after the name change. I haven’t had a problem yet but better safe than sorry.

Nobody would believe anything you post.

Is it ok to call you Cass?

Mama Cass.

Nobody listens to me anyhow, so what difference would it make?

Sorry, what was that you said?

I didn’t hear anything…