Ideas for a Street Fest w/Dancing

The company my husband works for is sponsoring a street festival called “Dancing in the Street & Off the Wall.” I’ve been invited to participate in a “Drink Tank,” a happy hour situation involving many libations and much creativity. There will be 4 stages, 50 dance companies, a tapathon, Project Bandaloop and an open Dance Floor. The event will offer food, drink, galleries and museums. Does anyone have any ideas about music, food, children’s activities, etc? Help me astound one and all at the “Drink Tank!” By the way, it’s in St. Louis on 9/29, in case anyone is interested.

Thanks!

I have a Drink Tank recipe from another thread to contribute.

Deep Fried Bacon with Green Tomato Ketchup

1 lb. Bacon
1 cup flour (or corn flour)
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of corn meal
Black pepper

Green Tomato Ketchup:
1 Jar of pickled green tomatoes (vinegar/pickling solution included)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon allspice
3 tablespoons of your favorite pepper sauce

Fry the bacon to med. done. Reserve for service. Roll and coat bacon slices in flour. Dip in Buttermilk. Roll in cornmeal and pepper mixture. Deep fry for 4-6 minutes in 365F canola oil.

Green Tomato Ketchup: Combine all ingredients and pulse coarse in a food processor or blender. Chill.

Serve the Deep fried bacon with a side of Green Tomato Ketchup as dipping sauce.
Great bar snack.

Yes, It’s deep fried bacon. !0 out of a baker’s dozen want Bacon and Ketchup.

Tweak the cooking times and ketchup ingredients. It is experimental, just a skeleton to put you on the right track.

Maybe prefry the bacon crisp and only do the final deepfry for a couple of minutes corn battter tempura style. Possibly cook and simmer the ketchup for 45 minutes and then chill. Adjust the spices.

Serve at the bar on giant platters of brown, smokey, sunsbeams spiraled, around green ketchupy gooodness. Sure to inspire a drink order to wash down 5the spicy smokey salty.

Skewer cubes of baby swiss and cherry tomatoes. Baste and drizzle with olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Grill for a couple of minutes till marked and warm. Serve with a Hearty German Lager.

It’s a good recipe, and it needs a good home.