Identify That Movie/Show game

Here are the rulz:
[ul][li]Quote a line from a movie or television show. Another poster will try to identify the movie/show title from the quote.[/li][li]If you quote a television show, the answer must contain the episode name. For example: “Bonk, bonk on the head!” You can’t just say Star Trek. You need to say that the episode was “Miri”.[/li][li]The quote should be unique to one film. That is, you really can’t use “Oops” and expect the film to be identified because “Oops” has been used in many films.[/li][li]After the movie has been identified, the person giving the correct answer will post another quote.[/ul][/li]
Here’s the first: “… And I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me.”

Here’s the first: “… And I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me.”

Vasily Borodin played by Sam Niell in The Hunt for Red October
Next one:

“In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.”

Orson Welles, as Harry Lime, The Third Man.

“Roger O. Thornhill. What does the O stand for?”
“Nothing.”

Eve Kendall (Eva Marie Saint) and Roger O. Thornhill (Cary Grant), * North by Northwest*
Next:

Passion is the source of our finest moments. The
joy of love… the clarity of hatred… and the ecstasy of grief.

Ack. Papermache Prince beat me to it!

Eva Marie Saint to Cary Grant in North by Northwest.

Incidentally, I wasn’t looking for character/actor names in the game; but it’s a nice touch. Thanks!

Next:

“Just think of it. A city in chaos, a smash-and grab raid, and for million dollars, through a traffic jam.”

Erm…

“Just think of it. A city in chaos, a smash-and-grab raid, and four million dollars, through a traffic jam.”

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Episode 29: “The Orb of Thesulah”.

“Just think of it. A city in chaos, a smash-and-grab raid, and four million dollars, through a traffic jam.”

Okay, a hint: Turin.

The Italian Job.

“Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs, and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can’t buy backbone. Don’t let them forget it.”

Herman Blume (Bill Murray) in Rushmore.

“Amazing. I say it here, and it comes out there.”

I suspect that’s Albert Brooks (Aaron Altman) talking about the earpiece communication with William Hurt in Broadcast News.

My turn.

“That routine would go over like gangbusters. I would be a dancing fool, Hollywood’s new favorite Negro. Move over Danny, Morgan, Samuel L… move over Whoopi.”

Bedazzled?

Hint: think of my wife and kids.

HEY. I said, think of My Wife And Kids

“ABC”? What station is that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like you stumped everyone. Wanna ask another?

You’re going to kick yourself. It’s not Bedazzled, the remake of the devil-temptation movie, it’s Bamboozled, the Spike Lee joint. MAN, you were close!

Damon Wayans was the hint. It was his character, Delacroix, who says the line.

I’ll cede my turn to whoever wants a go. Evidentally I need to see more instances of play to get the hang of this game.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to turn this opportunity down.”

“No, you’re going to have to turn this opportunity yes!”

The great Ben Kingsley as “Don Logan” in Sexy Beast. Nice film. :slight_smile:

Okay, here’s a very easy one:

“I bring you a message. Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devil-monster. His name is Bingo-Gas-Station-Motel-Cheeseburger-With-A-Side-Of-Aircraft-Noise-And-You’ll-Be-Gary-Indiana, and he loves to hurt people. The last time I saw Bingo-Gas-Station-Motel-Cheeseburger-With-A-Side-Of-Aircraft-Noise-And-You’ll-Be-Gary-Indiana, he told me what he wants to do. He wants to come down here and kill each and every one of you.”

Greaser’s Palace

So you rigged the off button with a tear gas grenade? Ho ho ho you magnificant bastard!
-----That’s nothin’. The on button is a 50 megaton hydrogen bomb.

Would it be Sealab 2021, Ep.2 - “Happy Cake”

Im new at this, but I’ll give it a shot (start off with easy one)

Hey George.
Yeah? Kind of remind ya of Bastogne?
Yeah, now that you mention it… Except, of course, there’s no snow, we got warm grub in our bellies, and the trees aren’t fuckin’ exploding from Kraut artillery, but yeah… Frank… other than that, it’s a lot like Bastogne.
Hahhaha…thought it was funny :smiley: