If you rearrange the letters in..........

“Soylent Green” it can spell “Stolen Energy”.

“Cluricaun” it can spell “Crucial Nu”

“Straight Dope” it can spell “Goatherd Spits,” “Pothead Grits,” or “Shared Pig Tot”

“Republican Party” Becomes:

Pay per lubricant
Cabin Partly Pure
Crab Interplay Up
Bail Truancy Prep
Capably Prurient
“Democtratic Party” becomes:

Capacity Trod Term
Attract Comedy Rip
Protect City Drama
Mecca Parrot Ditty
A Dam Cryptic Torte

Before you all sound off on how clever I am at anagrams, I cheated and used

Regards

A Fell Moult Slut

NOTE:

I didn’t make the edit window in the last thread, and foolishly mispelled Democratic both in the post and the anagram generator. So ignore those demotcratic foul ups in the previous post, and read THIS:

“Republican Party” Becomes:

Pay per lubricant
Cabin Partly Pure
Crab Interplay Up
Bail Truancy Prep
Capably Prurient
“Democratic Party” becomes:

Cramped Atrocity
Madcap Erotic Try
Accredit Army Pot
Tactic Army Doper (!) - a secret adgenda?
Aced Martyr Optic
Before you all sound off on how clever I am at anagrams, I cheated and used

Regards

A Fell Moult Slut

My favorite (if rather dated) anagram:

Spiro Agnew is a rearrangement of Grow A Penis.

This was actually a series, but I really really enjoyed Amazon Floozy Goddess’ rendition of cartoons of username anagrams.

Sounds like that’s maybe how they got the name?

Feminist is an anagram of I fist men.

(This one isn’t my own work, I hasten to add)

SDMB is an anagram of BDSM.

[SF Fan Geek Response] “Soylent Green” is from Harry Harrison’s book Make Room! Make Room!, the novel the movie is ostensibly based on. The name comes from the makeup of the foodstuff – a mixture of Soybeans and Lentils. No humans were harmed in the making of said foodstuff – not even dead ones. Harrison has written long and lovingly (hah!) about how they trashed his book, which has nary a hint of cannibalism in it. He gave copies of the book to the cast, prompting actor Chuck Connors to ask “Why didn’t they film this?” Why, indeed. [/SFGR]

Beverly Sills becomes “silvery bells”
Ms. Gloria Steinem becomes “Gloria smites men”

I always liked that ‘the Houses of Parliament’ anagrams to ‘loonies far up the Thames’.
I’ve long forgotten where I got that from, but it’s stayed with me.

The internet anagram server also has a hall of fame for anagrams, like:

Evangelist = Evil’s Agent

Desperation = A Rope Ends It

To be or not to be: that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. = In one of the Bard’s best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten.

“Cecil Adams” becomes Mecca Dials, Aced Claims, and Acid Camels.

I can give you the why: The book is boring as all get-out, and has one of the most anti-climactic endings I’ve ever seen.

My tasteless addition to the thread:

Saganaki rearranged becomes Nagasaki. Both are foreign and end up on fire. :eek:

The Andy Griffith Show = That "Howdy"ing Sheriff

The SDMB Anagrammed Username Cartoons page is still up and running…

Sloth Brain

Rearrange the letters in “subtext” and you get “buttsex”. (No, not literally.) I stumbled on this by accident when reading the “Scrabble” puzzle in my local newpaper a few months back. I thought that it was funny as hell because the scrambled letters nearly spelled “buttsex” in the newspaper. Took me a couple of moments to stop laughing and figure out that the jumbled word they really wanted was “subtext”.

Hey, I just realized…since we have anagram 'toons like RAGE AT BED SET and MISFIT SLUT NUNS DEFEAT UMPS ON HARES, we need one for the latest forum! AFG, might I suggest the following anagrams for “The Game Room”:
Me Hate Groom
Hot, Eager Mom
Mega Metro Ho
Go Hammer Toe
By the way, if you do decide to do it, PM me for an alternate e-mail address…my usual one is kinda wonky at the moment.

off topic a bit, but close enough…

During the end credits of the movie, scenes of pristine nature was shown, like what was shown during the old man’s death. To me, it meant that outside of those dystopic overcrowded cities, there was pristine nature. The whole environmental emergency and overpopulation was a myth, meant to keep the people in the cities of squalor in psychological check: a rationalization of their experience–while the elitists daily enjoy the rest of the world, the idyllic world that the masses only got to glimpse just before they died. In other words, only at the end of their lives, the masses got to see the reality outside of their cities. This delusion/reality duality is very similar to what was in the Matrix.

WHAT IS THE SECRET OF SOILENT GREEN?

They sure popped up this questing way too much at the end for the answer to be as obvious as “soilent green is made of people”. At the end of the movie, this answer is already given, so why would the movie-makers pop up this question so much, in such an over-the-top way… I think the real answer is only for the insiders–kind of an inside joke or arcana for the evil elite.

That this movie is the elitist’s actual vision for the rest of humanity.

That this movie is just a psyop against those super-gopher and super-servant classes who are near the top of the evil pyramid: to make them believe that they will be included in the elite’s world–when, in reality, the vast majority of them, except some thoroughly psychologically controlled slaves, will be in the concentration camps along with the rest of humanity–if not far worse.

http://MostCrucial.info

So, there’s this british horror movie Heartless that I watched a few weeks ago, and the main character enters into a deal with an evil supernatural character call Papa B. Papa B has a kid in his care, Bella, who may or may not be his daughter. Clearly Papa B is Beelzebub, the father of lies. I got to thinking, could you rearrange the letters in Bella’s name to indicate something about lies?

No.

But you can rearrange the letters in Eli to make Lie. And you know what the liar in my 3/4ths finished novel is named? Yeah, Eli. I’d only been working on the story 13 months before I realized this…