"If you think about it..." "oh just GTF out of here"

I’m with you, featherlou. I’m a voracious reader, and I didn’t even get three *sentences * in before my brain just shut down. It was the combination of bewilderment, boredom, and the fact that after ten scroll clicks, I still couldn’t see the end of it!!!

No… I don’t think this is an arrogant engineer problem, even arrogant engineers don’t become utterly unglued by common conversational bridge phrases, this is an emotionally unstable engineer problem who thinks his kung-fu is being dissed, and I don’t know if there’s a fix for that.

Certainly, there is a lot of bizarre imagery there, but most of it doesn’t really hang together (if you think about it).

A precambrian mollusk rolling frigging large sabre teeth skyward?

I not sure I would be willing to bet which of those two had a greater mental agility equivalence.

This one just makes me wonder what the OP’s “ilk” might happen to be.

Something of a mixed bag of metaphors there.

The juxtaposition of “ferret,” the epitome of energy and cleverness, with “rectocranially inverted” and “lobotomized” seems to me to be inapt. “Three-toed tree-sloth,” “wombat,” of “sea slug” would better convey an appropriate level of imbecility.

The thought that comes to mind here is, would a dildo made out of papier-mâché hold up long enough for that?

How does a rectal mucus lining abuse a goat? And beyond that, how does a rectal mucus lining felch bile?

The lack of punctuation here produces some confusion as to whether the spongiform-encephalitic brain is supposed to belong to the rat, or to the rat’s woody.

I would suggest that the OP definitely needs to think about it a bit more.

Thanks, I’d love an omelette right now!

But then who will take care of resurfacing the parking lot?

No, I don’t think that color looks good on you. Do they have it in puce?

Puce! You can’t handle the puce!

why not, I’m wearing sterile gloves?

Oh, so it’s the velvet fist in the iron glove this time, eh?

It was painful just to scroll past it.

It’s a code!

the first one to break it will know something something… I think it may be clues to find a treasure map!

We are through the looking glass! Black is white, and white is a sabre-toothed mollusc.

IIRC, the engineer’s plans asked for two parts to occupy the same space. At the time, I thought it was funny for the guy to suggest that the guy ask a cat for advice. I didn’t get it then, and I still don’t. Boy did that guy’s face turn red though.

Yeah, I’ve seen engineers who think they know more than a machinist. The last few parts I designed had the following note: “Tolerances left to machinist’s discretion.” I’ve also asked their advice on designs.

Our machinists loved me.