I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC.

Chris! How you doin’?

How does it feel to be the one person on TV who is more pathetic than child molesters? Seriously, do you think we don’t know that your show is more about voyeurism than about justice? And shame on the cops for letting you be involved with their (otherwise perfectly justified) operation.

He did a new one on identity theft. I can only assume the guy has a budget the size of Alaska…he set up his own website with merchandise and shipping to catch credit card thieves, and traveled to Africa and Switzerland trying to catch the masterminds behind one ring.

I just have one thing to say…you can’t find love on the internet. Especially if you never meet your “fiancee” face to face.

double to what ivylass said. I couldn’t believe some of these stories!

One guy he met face to face in Switzerland tried to pull the Nigerian scam in person! It was amazing to watch.

These criminals can’t be very smart. The “barrister” first tried to say he’d been an attorney for 20 years and that he was 36 years old. Do the math. Chris called him on it. The woman he was with introduced herself first as Edith, then as Doris.

What’s sad is that they’re able to rook so many people!

I. am. so. fucking. excited. that there is a new episode tomorrow night. My friends and I are having a “Chris Hansen-Dateline NBC” party tomorrow. Sure, some of the tactics on To Catch a Predator aren’t the best, but man, that’s good TV.

Best Chris Hansen line ever, perhaps?

Perp: “Like, I’m a Christian man. I’m just here to mentor this child. Because like, I’m such a Christian, you know?”

Hansen: “So, what part of the Bible tells you to say all of this kind of stuff? 'I’d like to suck on your BEEP play with your nipples and-- where’s that in the Bible? Is that in the Old Testament or the New Testament?”

Chris Hansen sound board.

Speaking of the above link, does anyone know any easy way to rip some of those clips into MP3 format? I’m getting a new Blackberry tomorrow just in time for To Catch a Predator and I think I’d like to honor the greatness that is Chris Hansen with a ring tone or two. (For what it’s worth, I think I’d like “Hi I’m Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC” and “I’ll be your secret lover” and “I just hope this isn’t too good to be true, hee hee”).

Maybe not love, but lust is readily available online; I know what I want! :slight_smile:

From what I understand, love’s $100 extra. :wink:

Thank You. Now I know what I’m doing for the next 30 minutes.

Heee heee: I want to wrestle you so freaking bad. It’s not the words themselves as much as his simply fantabulous delivery. :smiley:

…I wonder if I can get them to download as ring tones…

If you can figure out how to make Chris Hansen ring tones, I’ll worship you forever and bake you some cookies. . . but not in that To Catch a Predator trap way.

Oh good lord. I refuse to watch this program, but the clips from that soundboard are ridiculously funny.

The Nigerian one was friggin hilarious! It wsan’t even coordinated with any law enforcement over there like his douchebaggery here is. He spends all the time and effort to trick one of the Nigerians, travels with crew to London, gets a plush suite, etc. meets one of the guys on the street, tells him he’s a reporter, and the guy literally just takes off running down the street and disappears. The end. What was the point in that one you annoying cockblocker you?

On the To Catch an Identity Thief one I saw, he got the guy up into the hotel room and did a whole interview where he eventually admitted what he was doing. Well, it’s been a while, but that’s vaguely what I remember.

I think the point was less to catch the crooks and more to show the American public what exactly they are dealing with.

And does anyone know how to rip those MP3s from the Sound Board? I’ll sell my soul. It’s not worth much, but it might be worth 5 min if your time. :slight_smile:

Chris Hansen?! No no no no no. I came here to meet Chris Jansing!

Is that why you brought condoms to visit a 50-year-old TV anchorwoman?

Uh…I was gonna show her how to tie balloon animals next time she appears on Morning Joe. You know, to lighten up her image a little.

Lighten up her image.

Yeah.

Like when you asked her to wear the miniskirt and the copper toenail polish?

Oh, god.

*It’s all right. Here, have some lemonade.

<Cops burst in.>*

[high-pitched whiny voice] “I didn’t do anything! I swear to God, I didn’t do anything…”[/hpwv]

Hey…are there still cookies? The girl who answered the doorbell said to come in and have a cookie.

Who’s sticking what to whom, now?

like my shirt

Um…Did somebody here order a pizza?

Well, I have chat logs that say “quote” I’m going to deliver you a large pepperoni, and that you wanted to “quote” blank them up their blank with it. Why would you say that?