I'm giving up tighty whities for...umm...tighty colors.

I wear mostly boxer briefs, but I have a couple pairs of tighty whiteys, and a few pairs of boxers. My boxer briefs are a 50/50 split between white and colored/designs. I mentioned in another thread that I do try to match my underwear to my outfit.

Don’t ask me. I think regular boxers suck, for all the reasons that you mention. I have a couple of pairs, but i never wear them under anything. I just use them as a pair of light shorts for sitting around the house when it’s hot.

My underwear drawer is about even split between briefs and boxer briefs. I love boxer briefs, but i sometimes find them too hot in summer. Also, when i run i prefer just wearing briefs.

With shorts over the top, i should add. :slight_smile:

The major advatage to the OP’s tighty colors preference is, depending on the number of pairs of socks you own, doing laudry is less of a chore. With 30 pairs of socks, I can get by doing a white wash once a month - which means fewer times sorting, mating & folding socks & not as much bleach pumped into the city’s sewer system.

Fruit of the Loom makes some, too. I checked the ones in my underwear box to see. They might be too short in the legs for your taste, though.

I wear boxers myself as pajama shorts. I have some plaid ones which are quite lovely. I also have these weird boxer brief things that used to be comfortable until they got a bit too loose.