I'm special...

No, not mentally challenged.
Lately, i’m not sure when i first started noticing this, but ive really been sort of both subconsciously and consciously thinking that i’m better than everyone else, that maybe there is something about me that makes me stand out, that makes me extraordinary? I have no idea why this is, and i hate thinking that it might be true and that sending these thoughts into my head is “gods” way of letting me know im special…cause all of that is just corny. i guess what i’m asking is, why am i getting these feelings of superiority? does it have something to do with the fact that i’m 14 and searching for my individual place in the world? any help is appreciated.
George

Do you think you’re just superior to your elders or does it include your peers also. If it is the former you are a normal teen. If it is the latter you may have a problem. :wink:

Everybody feels that way, son. That’s what makes everyone special.

I think this is probably pretty common in teenagers; I think it has a lot to do with the process of developing an identity fully separate from your parents etc. Certainly I remember thinking that sort of thing and I remember talking to some mates about it and hearing them describe similar feelings too.

But (and as long as the thoughts in your head aren’t telling you to kill someone) it is certainly true that you are unique and maybe you are indeed special; sitting and thinking about it won’t get you anywhere - get out there and prove to the world that you are special!

You must be a Subgenius , then.

There is nobody exactly like you. You are unique, just like everybody is.

[python] I’m not [/python]

Stupid people always think they are right. Wise people listen to advice. Proverbs 12:15

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars.
You have a right to be here.
And whether it is clear to you or not,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive him to be,
and whatever your labours and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace with your soul. … -Desiderata

To be frank with you Tikiman, I think the same of myself.

This is a healthy mindset for a young’un… it helps him/her develop into a confident leader, rather than a weak, submissive follower. The way it’s supposed to end up, though, is that the mindset should evolve into a more healthy outlook, a more humble outlook, by the time you hit adult-hood.

You’re doin’ good, bud. Just don’t get carried away with this… internalize it, don’t let it show, and you’ll be fine.