I'm totally lost. Somebody hold my hand?

How can I Like a post? How can I post an emoji? How can I find which posts I have responded to? How can I find posts I have created? I need a tutorial.

As for the first two - you can’t. Yet.

I finally made it in. Am less than impressed with the new site.

You’ll get used to it and find your way around after a while. Try some different themes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Read the tutorial. Really it helps.
Whatever you do don’t type @discobot ever.
:blush:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Oh shit! He found me!

Where is the freakin’ tutorial?

dan

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Bold is not the act of foolishness but the attribute and inner strength to act when others will not so as to move forward not backward. — Byron Pulsifer

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Ok, so do you have to type @discobot in a thread? Or have help come up in a thread?

@discobot start tutorial

The most SDMB thing ever written.

In ATMB.

How do I quote in my reply?

Couple of ways. Easiest is to highlight what you want to quote in the post, then click the Quote button that magically appears.

Or you can hit the Reply to Post button underneath each post (may say Reply, may just look like a curled arrow). Then press the speech bubble button in your editing bar.

To multiquote, do the same thing multiple times.

And if you’re quoting the most recent post in full, the nannyware will helpfully remove the quote for you.

I like this a lot.

I’m viewing your post. Next to the scroll bar it reads 16/17. This means your post is the 16th out of 17 in this topic (thread). If I click this number (16), your post gets blue for a moment. If I press “j”, your post gets selected. And if I press “q” afterwards, a full quote will be generated. The Reply box opens automatically, with your post quoted in its entirety (if I haven’t opened the Reply box already, but I have - which is why your post gets quoted after my text).

It’s that simple: jq - that’s it.

Thank you! Dan

Push the little curved arrow on you the post you wanna quote. Then click on the quote bubble icon at the top of the box you’re in. Theoretically. It’s not working for me.
The universe is effin’ with me today.

ETA I see it worked for me this time.