In Ft. Lauderdale? Meet ChiefScott!

It seems I’ve got all my shit in one sock and have freed up a few hours to get out and about in this beautiful Florida city this evening.

Would anyone like to get together and maybe shoot some pool or something? If’n you know of a place to meet, post it here in the next couple of hours and I’ll meet you there. A caveat: A taxi driver will have to know the place, 'cause that will be my mode of transportation.

I’ll also be hooking up (No! Not that way. Get your mind out of the gutter!) with SuaSponte tomorrow, too. He’s not e-mailed me a place or time yet. Sua, if you see this you know what to do.

[lecherous pirate voice] If you have breasts, maties, it’ll be a nice bonus for me, but if you don’t it’s not a deal breaker! [/lecherous pirate voice]

Grrr. I wanna go. Damn you, ChiefScott for using that pirate voice to tempt me into hopping on a plane.

sigh Hope everyone has fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the beautiful lass with the named breasts from MN chimes in… though I love to hear from ya x, it doesn’t do me a whole lot of good in S. Fla.!

Maybe the Dopers here are scared to meet a horny sailor, maybe they could recomend an out of the way place I could go?

Sheeeat . . . I met some Dopers and had to beat 'em off with a stick. A wild rowdy bunch we are.
Tripler
Back! BACK I said!

I gotta go handle a couple of tours for some flag officers who just showed up unexpectedly. I’D STILL LIKE TO GET OFF THIS HAZE GRAY BOAT.

It doesn’t seem like there’s too many folks interested. ::sigh::

But if there are any suggestions, decide amongst yourselves where you want me to be and when. I’ll check back here at about 4:30 p.m.

Sorry ChiefScott, but I have to work tonight and tomorrow. Everything was fine until an hour ago, and I could have made Ft. Lauderdale in a couple of hours.
Damn.
Damn.
Damn.

I’m in the neighborhood (Miami), and I may be able to find you guys tonight. I may have a guy looking at my old bike tonight, and I fly to Atlanta at 8:30am tomorrow. Other than that, I’ve got nothing going on. Don’t know Ft Lauderdale/Las Olas very well. There is a place called Murphy’s Law that any cabbie should know. Say 9pm? I’ll be in my BITE ME black shirt.

Then again, having a Horny Sailor and a Horny Marine could scare away anything with tits and a hole, regardless of pulse! Sounds like FUN!

Major UncleBill, USMCR

Drats! I love pirates!

:: sigh ::

Oklahoma’s just a little far to make it in time.

Okay, Bill.

With no other suggestions, I guess that’s where I’m heading tonight. I’ll be getting there earlier than you, though – probably around 7 (I’ve GOT to get off the ship).

I’ll be in a Tie-dyed Dead shirt.

Please, if anyone would like to join us, come on by and look for the Squid and Jarhead!

BTW, they’ve a pool table, right?

Dammit, it’s a week night, Chief. I’d probably have tried to make it if I didn’t have to work. Sigh…

They “upgraded” my system today, which of course meant I had no internet access, after they finished the upgrade. All fixed now, Chief - I’ll email you soon as I finish writing this.

Sua

I just discovered that, in the course of the “upgrade”, they forgot to install the new Lotus Notes, so I can’t get or send email. I’m on the phone with the IT help desk right now.

In the meantime, I’m still available for tomorrow night. As you are in Ft. Lauderdale, and it’s a hellacious cab fare from there, how about I come down to you? (I have a rental)

Say 8:30 tomorrow night - you chose the place.

Sua

I know of a bunch of pool halls right around where we met for the other dopefest in Sunrise. If I hear more, I may be able to show up.

…Unless I’m not wanted.

Hey Jess, you wanna come pick me up? :wink:

Chief, you still going to be there on Saturday? I have an interview tomorrow and Friday, and I work on Thursday so I am screwed for this week. If anyone wants to do something either Friday night or Saturday, I will drive over there!! Let me know.

Nope, Bear. We’re pulling out Thursday Morning.

So I guess it’s me, hyper and Sua for tonight.

Sua I’m at Terminal 26 in Port Everglades. The big gray ship with the 69 on the side, you can’t miss it.

As to suggestions, I have none as I’m not from here. I do want to get away from my shipmates though.

Nope, Bear. We’re pulling out Thursday Morning.

So I guess it’s me, hyper and Sua for tonight.

Sua I’m at Terminal 26 in Port Everglades. The big gray ship with the 69 on the side, you can’t miss it.

As to suggestions, I have none as I’m not from here. I do want to get away from my shipmates though.

BTW, I had an excellent convo with UncleBill last night. Besides waiting for two thee-mile-long freight trains and dodging the IKE’s skipper, we had a grand ol’ time.

He’s a cool dude, and that’s something special for a Jarhead.

Hey, you can bitch to me once you get done with whatever Cheerleading team it is you’re hosting, you crapweasel.

Until then, you’ve forfeited all bitching priviledges!

:smiley:

Sua, hypergirl, – since I’ve not heard from you, let’s say we meet at the same place UncleBill recommended last night – Murphy’s Law. It’s at the Riverwalk I believe. The Iguana Cantina, Hooters and a bunch of other places are there two.

2030 (8:30 pm to you civilians) we’ll meet there and pow-wow about the rest of the evening.

I will try my damndest to get there. I’m still in work at the moment, but I hope to been done in an hour, which would give me time to make it. Unfortunately, my boss is still here, so he may decide that other things “need” to be done tonight.

Crossing my fingers,

Sua