In memory of Colibri (George Angehr)

If there is sufficient interest, I’m happy to inquire with the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute about their accepting a gift in memory of George. The STRI seems like the obvious recipient of such a donation (let me know if you think otherwise), but, as with the memorial for Jenny, this is not always a simple procedure. I imagine the Teeming Millions would rather the money went toward something specific, as opposed to a contribution to general operating funds, but I can explore this with STRI. If and when there is general agreement on how to proceed, I can set up a GoFundMe campaign.

So, to all reading this post: let me know if you’d be interested in contributing to a memorial gift in honor of George Angehr a/k/a Colibri. Thanks.

Very interested. Thanks for doing this, and let me know if I can be of help.

I’d be interested in participating in a memorial gift.

I’d be interested as I missed Jenny’s.

I would.

I would too.

Would donate.

Yes, absolutely and it’s a lovely thought.

What about something like a plaque, maybe with a pithy quote? That shouldn’t need any kind of special approval - just someone down there who’s willing to hang it somewhere appropriate.

I agree, and already donated to STRI in his honor.

I would absolutely contribute.

I would contribute.

I’m in!

Yes, sounds good.

I’m in

I certainly would like to contribute.

I’m in.

There seems to be plenty of interest in a memorial gift. I’ll reach out to STRI.

Thanks!

I’m in.

Belatedly, me, too!