Incredible video montage from the ISS

Some spectacular Aurora footage; the lightning flashes are pretty amazing too.

That is stunning.

That is cool. Beautiful.
Around 3:48 there is a long orange glowing band stretching vertically over much of the image. Anyone with an idea of what it is?

Beautiful.

I would think the orange band could be a border between two countries, that have some sort of smouldering quarrel going on. There is light on both sides of it, so the inter-korean border doesn’t qualify :wink:
I think it is the border between India and Pakistan on a south-eastern course.

The positions of Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore as well as the Indus on the Pakistani side seem to correspond well. The bright spot on the Indian side on the left would then be New Delhi.

So, what Sci-Fi epic was that taken from?

It’s pretty incredible- but I’d like to see it a bit slower, it’s hard to focus on any detail. Anyone know where there’s a less speedy version?

Preferably with less annoying music too. :wink:

Video of time lapse sequences of photographs taken by the crew of expeditions 28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October 2011.:cool:

Truly astonishing and surreal..

You will love this, so will your kids.

Beat you to it! :wink:

Previous thread here

Hi Thanks.:slight_smile:

Somehow it didn’t show up in my search.

I had to share.

Time lapse of Earth from space.

No matter how big the earth is, it is still just a speck in the scheme of things. And that makes each of us…
This video brings it home.

That video is really getting some mileage! :smiley:

I’m glad it keeps getting brought up- I think it’s pretty amazing and the more people who see it, the better.

I merged the threads. And yes, it’s an amazing view.