Interesting/Clever Street and Subdivision Names!

This area in Ohio has some odd street names. Irish Dude Drive? Delicious Asha Court?

Natick, MA, home of Doug Flutie, has “Flutie Pass”.

All the streets in my neighborhood are names of obscure to well-known rockers from the seventies…Hines, Buffet, Croce, Rungren, Bachman, Costello, Taupin, Byrne, are some of the more recognizable. My street is Kerslake who apparently was a drummer for Uriah Heep.

And then we have nearby a Clarksville Rd and next to that a Nesmith Way.

I just found this name. WTF???

[Sarin Street](<iframe width=“425” height=“350” frameborder=“0” scrolling=“no” marginheight=“0” marginwidth=“0” src=“http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Sarin+St,+Columbus,+Delaware,+Ohio+43240&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.052282,67.060547&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FTdtZAIdA-gN-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Sarin+St,+Columbus,+Delaware,+Ohio+43240&ll=40.135991,-82.974717&spn=0.004733,0.008186&z=17&output=embed”></iframe><br /><small><a href=“http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&q=Sarin+St,+Columbus,+Delaware,+Ohio+43240&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.052282,67.060547&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FTdtZAIdA-gN-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Sarin+St,+Columbus,+Delaware,+Ohio+43240&ll=40.135991,-82.974717&spn=0.004733,0.008186&z=17” style=“color:#0000FF;text-align:left”>View Larger Map</a></small>)
They have some “nerve” picking that name!

Apple (formerly Apple Computers) is famously headquartered on Infinite Loop.

Of course huge corporations sometimes get to name their own roads and can do stuff like this. Which makes it odder when one occasionally sees an address like this:

BlahBlahBlah Corporation
2110 BlahBlahBlah Road

Which I have seen, but can’t remember which one it was. My instant reaction was “Dudes! It’s your own road and you’re not Number One? What happened?”

Speaking of Clarksville…my brother lives in Clarksville, Maryland, (essentially an exurb of Columbia MD) in a development with names that are not so much clever as over-the-top saccharine sweet. It’s like someone let his 13-year-old daughter, who fancies herself a poet, name them:

Great Star Drive
Western Star Run
Onward Trail

Aren’t too bad, but then we descend into a maze of:

Daring Prince Way
Welcome Night Path
Radiant Gleam Way
Waving Willow Path
Fall Moon Ride
Floating Clouds Path
Sunlit Water Way
Ascending Moon Path
Departed Sunset lane
Countless Stars Run (apparently a substantial upgrade from the nearby Few Star Court)

And eventually into the nonsensical:

Floating Water Trail (?)

Hope this isn’t too much of a zombie thread bump, but I just noticed that there are a group of streets near Media PA named after race horses. Turns out that the area is known as Riddlewood, named after businessman and racehorse owner Samuel D Riddle.

War Admiral Lane
Citation Lane
Gallant Fox Drive
War Trophy lane
Whirlaway Road
Man O War Drive
Anamosa Lane
Soldier Song Lane
Secretariat Circle

There’s also a street named Rampart, probably named after the Rampart Stakes, and a Riddlewood Drive.

The area is southeast of the intersection of West Baltimore Pike (Rt 1) and South Pennell Road (Route 452).

I live near the corner of Druid and Haven.

The neighborhood/development that I grew up in had streets named for fancy old hotels: Warwick, Garfield, Sheraton

Near where I used to live on Long Island, there’s an intersection of Frankie Lane and Lois Lane. (Frankie Lane was a well-known singer and actor.)

And in NYC, there’s a little crooked street that comes off Christopher Street, named “Gay Street.” It was named long before Christopher Street became the epicenter of Gay New York.

I grew up on Merman Road and later became a scuba instructor. Alas there was no Mermaid Lane in the area.

Where I live now there is an Off the Beaten Path Road that makes for a good roadside photo op for the tourists.

And there is a The Avenue that is just a short little road in a residential development.

The 3 families on our rural dirt road had a party / meeting to name our road. “Lost in the Woods Lane” won out over" Moose Carcass Road". The sign was stolen twice in the first year it went up.

There’s a road in our town named Long and Winding Road. It is, actually.

And we have a series of streets in the center, older part of town named for Presidents.They couldn’t have two Adams so the one street is Quincy. And politics being what they were in the 19th century, some streets got alternate names. The street that should have been Pierce is named Western, for example. The naming only got as far as Roosevelt, for Teddy.

There’s a Shades of Death Road in rural Fayette County, WV.

I recall a small dead end street in a business park in Charleston, WV dubbed Creative Place. There was a business there that had something to do advertizing, filming TV commercials possibly. Anyway, the address was One Creative Place. Clever!

Nearby is a neighborhood called Sherwood Forest with street names Nottingham Road and Robin Hood Road.

There’s a development in our town that has streets named after the New York Giants football players in the year it was built, some time in the 1950s.

There’s a short residential street in Niles, IL called “Normal”. Not too exciting; Normal is also a well known city in our state, after all.

But what I really love is the sign just next to “Normal”. It says, “Dead End”.

:smiley:

There’s a road in Gahanna, OH that has a house we might have been interested in, but we won’t even look at it.

Sorry, we won’t live on “Heil Drive”.

There’s a street in a rather bad neighborhood here in Panama that is known as “Salsipuedes,” that is, “Get out if you can.”

I once did a home visit in a subdivision where all the streets had the same name.

So you’d turn from Avalon Ave. to Avalon St. and then make a right onto Avalon Ct. and if you’ve hit Avalon Way you’ve gone too far. It was super confusing.

There’s an area in the Dallas area where the streets are named after WWII Generals. Abrams, Bradley, McArthur, Patton, etc.