Irony Of Life

The irony of life, the way I see it, is that we spend its entirety in pursuit of a place where age, appearance, social status, and wealth are irrelevant.

The problem is that there is only one place where that does not matter: Death.

No matter what religion you are, no matter what you believe or don’t believe in, there is nothing more important in death than what you really are.

Maybe it’s wise to spend your life living in the future. There’s nothing more maleable than the future, right?

Just a thought to ponder.

I like cornflakes.

my cat’s breath smells like cat food.

The Anti-Clique wrote:

Huh?

<Brak> I like pork!! </Brak>

What if “C” - “A” - “T” really spelled dog?

I bent my wookie.

Yeah, but imagine the disaster if we called the color Red; Orange. Ick

We drive on parkways and park on driveways.

Beer’s made of grain, right? So if you get drunk and fall asleep in a jacuzzi, you could wake up as haggis!

Mmmmmm . . . haggis . . .

I now have a clear understanding of the meaning of…
What were we discussing?

Orange haggis, I think. That or beer.

Mmmm…beer…<drool>

More precisely, old, ugly, disenfranchised, poor orange haggis. And, if we are old, ugly, disenfranchised, poor orange haggis, that will apparently be okay when we’re dead, but maybe not so good for our future.

Maybe we should just pour the beer on the cornflakes and call it a draw?

Depends on what you mean when you say “matter” - these things don’t have to matter unless you let them matter.

And I don’t know how much of a debate there is in this, but I will say this: I understood your OP perfectly.

stoid

The only thing that matters is matter itself.

Or something.

We are evolved to reproduce BUT our aim is to be happy.

From this we get confusion and paradox.

You do die but your ideas,work or genes may live on.

Are you saying that you consider reproduction and happiness to be mutually exclusive?

That may be the irony of your life, but I’ve met quite a few people who have no such goal in mind. They hold age to be very important, and social status, and put a mild stress on appearance. From those things, some people form almost their entire opinion on others.

I disagree that this is a universal irony, and prehaps that it is even ironic at all. Its about as ironic as using an umbrella, then going to take a shower after one arrives home.

And just what are the three words ending in -gry?