Is anyone else here excited about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

It’s barely more than a month away, and I haven’t seen anything about it in the recent Game Room threads. Nintendo just had the last pre-release information and announcements on 01 Nov, and it’s looking like it’s going to live up to its “Ultimate” designation. Every single fighter who has ever been in a Smash Bros. game before is on the Ultimate roster, along with a handful of new ones including much-requested fighters like Ridley from the Metroid series and King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series. There are now 103 stages to fight on, and although the vast majority of them are returning from other games in the series, every stage also has a Battlefield and an Omega form. The big news from the 11.1 Smash Bros. Direct was the announcement of a new single-player adventure mode called World of Light, which looks absolutely epic.

I don’t know… I don’t want to keep going on about this one if no one else here is interested, but the changes are almost too numerous to mention, and it is a pretty exciting time to be a Smash fan.

I’m not the biggest Smash fan, but I’ll probably pick it up. The amount of content they’re putting in is ludicrous, so for someone like me who doesn’t care about playing online matches or getting good competitively, there’s still plenty of other stuff.

I think I actually like the pre-release hype more than the Smash games themselves :). The amount of effort they put into the character reveals and Directs is amazing.

Yeah, that’s a good point. About the pre-release hype. I’m particularly excited to play as Piranha Plant! It’s just such a weird concept for a character, and I think every game has had one or two of those oddball fighters that just kinda make you scratch your head.

I’m not a pro-level player either, but I’ve put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Smash over my lifetime, so this one will stay in my Switch for a long, long time when it gets here in December.