Is It Just Me, Or Do You Think McCain Just Doesn't Look Very Healthy?

I gotta admit- I like the 'stache & we do need to get back to Pressies with facial hair.

McCain has also had a few surgeries for cancer (I think skin and salivary gland). I believe the misshapen apperance of his right jaw is due to that. I disagree with the man’s politics, but jeez, he’s been through a lot.

Heh. I thought the same thing when I opened this thread.

Holy crap! He looks like a modern Teddy Roosevelt or Wilford Brimley’s skinny brother or something.

If Lincoln could be persuaded to grow a beard by a letter from some little girl, I think a campaign to try to convince McCain to grow a Roosevelt mustache could actually be successful. We seriously NEED mustached presidents again.

Obama needs some kick ass facial hair, too. I’m thinking fu man chu.

Perhaps something like this?

The last presidents not to be clean-shaven were Taft and Teddy Roosevelt, each with a mustache. However, several 19th-century presidents had beards of considerable size. I wonder if that fashion will ever return.

His arms look too short for his body. Does anyone know if that was because of the torture?

Let’s hope not. State dinners would be a disaster. Some guy with an earphone and a cord running down his neck would have to daub at the Presidential Facial Hair after each bite. :rolleyes:

Very cool. Looks like he’s ready to drink somebody’s milkshake.

Or start a talk show and dodge flying chairs.

McCain mustache good, Obama mustache bad.

McCain was and remains a far more handsome man than Obama, especially when taking age into account. When McCain was a young man, he could easily have been a model or a movie star as far as looks go, and continues to be a very good looking man (the mustache makes a good thing better). On the other hand, Obama is far more compelling in his presentation, despite the taxi-cab ears.

I think the mustache does make him seem heartier, somehow. Maybe because it reminds us of of Teddy Rooseveldt and Wilfird Brimley (Grape Nuts!). But his schedule must be exhausting for him. I don’t see how candidates like Obama keep going and even appear to be energized by it.

Yeah, McCain was gorgeous when he was younger.

Now, of course… well, it’s not really fair to compare, is it? As much as people like to make fun of Obama’s ears (the man included), he is very attractive and clean-cut.

It may be no fault of McCain’s that he looks aged and frail, but that doesn’t change the fact that he does. I think I’m going to wind up feeling sorry for the guy when they debate.

He does look aged, and the fact that he probably has to avoid the sun or wear sunscreen because of his bouts with skin cancer don’t help. If he had a bit of tan, he’d look healthier. Not be healthier, just look.

Thank you for the Doctor Who reference.

(Risking, of course, the possibility that you didn’t mean it that way.)

Well, that picture of Obama only shows one kind of mustache, a somewhat outlandish one to be honest - I was kind of going for comedic effect. If you want, I can Photoshop more images of Obama with different mustaches. A smaller one would probably look better.

Try a toothbrush. :slight_smile:

It would be curly though, would it not?

Or a Burt Reynolds style one?

“ha hAAAAAAA”
/Bandit

I actually think he looks mildly goofy in that picture. I can see how some might find him attractive in that picture, but I don’t particularly. Obama, on the other hand, I find attractive. Some of it is looks, some of it is demeanor.

I like the mustache on McCain though, it helps.