Is it ok to link to threads from an external website?

I’ve been running a monthly SDMB photography competition for a year or so, which means we’ve got (an ever expanding) bunch of threads.

I’ve got an index of all the threads in a spreadsheet. I figured it would be nice to have a public index as well so Dopers can easily find pst competitions.

I’m thinking of setting up a simple single-page website with a list of topics and links to the threads. I think it needs to be a third party page because I want all the links in one place, and I wouldn’t be able to keep updating a single post on the Dope.

This feels reasonable, but I just wanted to check I wouldn’t be breaching some rule by linking back to the SDMB from an external site. The only Dope-specific information on the site would be the URL to each thread and the thread title.

The rule is that we don’t want anyone starting a war with any other site. Positive links here, or from here to other message boards, are fine.

The board includes the tagging feature and Cafe Society especially makes use of that. You might usefully ask a CS mod if you can simply tag all the threads as “monthly photo competition” and let Discourse do all the indexing maintenance for you.

Excellent idea and photo already leads mainly to these threads in fact. If any are missing, I can go back and add the tag.

I see Monthly photo competition #1 (Dec 2022) to #15 (Feb 2024) are all tagged, so it looks like everything is in place.

Handy thing to link to a group of threads with the same tag, type “#” and then part of the tag name and you’ll be prompted for the tag and it will create the link like I did above.

Yeah, I have the “photo” tag saved under the hamburger menu for easy access.

Thanks everyone. I’ll have a play with tagging.