Is Michael_Varn the new Jim_B?

He’s been a member for about 6 years but his posting activity has only recently been picking up. He has an inordinate amount of misspellings in his posts. He posts a lot of idiotic ideas similarly to our recently banned friend.

I did notice Varn’s postings after the banning of Jim_B, and also noted the similarity of content/style and entertained similar thoughts as you on the topic. Maybe so, maybe no. If so, it indicates to me that our recently banned longtime poster was more likely a somewhat sophisticated troll than a clueless nebbish. But whatever, laissez le bon temps rouler!

I don’t think it would surprise anyone that there’s been a lot of speculation in the Trolls thread, but I think the following puts it best:

So the comparison is being made . . . I suspect more would have been said but the with workingdude blowing themselves up recently, it had been secondary at best.

I’m pretty bad about identifying trocks, but I’ll agree that the pattern of sudden ressurection and all the CTisms and JAQ feels super-trocky.

Didn’t we have a 3rd one from the Obtuse Universe that also got banned this summer?

Does the pitee’s posts have lots of superfluous idiotic emojis? If not, he’s not Jim_B.

Or he’s hiding his tracks.

Look at the now closed blood donor thread that he started. He cites a 30 year old PSA that he thinks that he remembers.

I hardly ever go looking for a poster’s past threads, but Mikey_V was so strange that I found some baffling discussions he’d started, most along the lines of:

Hey, what about this crazy idea I once heard but I don’t know where? I mean, I could’ve looked it up in the past five years, but instead I’ll just ask everyone here. And once it’s disproven by Dopers doing my homework for me, I’ll just ask about it all over again, or make my question about a reworded version.

Now I have zydeco music rolling through my head.

You’re welcome!