Is my vitriol against brazil84/NDD mindless?

In the thread **[New Deal Democrat et. al, can you STFU?](New Deal Democrat et. al, can you STFU?) **I heap tons of disgust towards NDD and brazil84.

**Brazil84 **calls it mindless invective, but I disagree and mention that I’ve also added debunking facts to flavour the vitriol. So let’s put it to a poll. What do you think?

I disagree with some your arguments on Haiti but then again I disagree with NDD and Brazil84’s racial theories even more.

For a change I have to congratulate you on your input as it is very clear that one of the racists big meta points is that it is the evil liberals that are pushing these ideas about biology showing that there is only one human race and climate change science regarding global warming, unless all scientists are liberals that point is really dumb.

Even conservatives like you can see how misguided they are.

I’m on your side in this debate, but i really don’t see what purpose a poll like this is going to serve.

One reason is that the popularity of an idea or an argument is not necessarily a good indicator of its validity, especially when it comes to complex questions of race, genetics and human intelligence and behavior. I think NDD’s arguments about race and intelligence reflect a poor reading of the evidence, and a biased reading of some debunked studies, but that wouldn’t change if i suddenly happened to be arguing the point on a message board where the majority of the posters agreed with him.

More generally, i’m not sure what you hope to accomplish by spinning off yet another thread devoted to this debate. The Pit thread you are referring to is on its 35th page, and i don’t think there’s a single person on this message board who is unaware of its existence. How is asking people to come in here and vote on your posts going to help things? It’s not going to change the fact that most people on this message board disagree with NDD on race and intelligence; it’s not going to change the actual facts of the issue; and it’s clear that it won’t change NDD’s mind.

It seems like an exercise in futility to me.

I thought of this as a throw away joke, but Christ. You’re right. It’s yet ANOTHER thread dedicated to this debate. I can’t believe I didn’t notice that.

I’d be happy if it were locked (the joke’s served it’s purpose anyway).

Hell, the whole thing is an exercise in futility. That’s why I’m beginning to love it…

Please keep Pit topics and subjects in the Pit. This is out of line for IMHO.