Is there a scientific word for 'Cheeto chaff?'

You know, the residue that cakes on the fingers after eating a bag or three of you favorite cheese-flavored corn puff snacks? You also get it in smaller amounts going thru a back of barbecue potato chips and various other fired bagged junk food.

Palatant? :smiley:

Birth Control.

According to Rich Hall - Cheedle.

Wasn’t that the guy who played War Machine in the Marvel movies?
You could certainly call it “residue”, but that’s a lot more general than just snack food powder. Probably the best you can do with standard, recognized terms is “Cheeto residue”.

I always thought of it as cheeto dust.

I don’t know what to call it, but you can avoid it by eating the Cheetos with chop sticks.

It’s cheddar cheese powder. You can purchase it on its own, I’ve read that it’s awesome to put on mac and cheese.

On the ingredients list of a bag of Cheetos, they call it: Cheese Seasoning (Whey, Cheddar Cheese [Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes] Canola Oil, Maltodextrin [Made from Corn], Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Whey Protein Concentrate, Monosodium Glutamate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Artificial Color [Yellow 6])

The New Yorker wrote an article about cheese powder, read it if you’re interested:

This is genius. :eek:

Fairy dust.

Moved to Cafe Society.

General Questions Moderator

Topical carotenosis.


Seconded. One of the few Sniglets I still use on a regular basis.

Whatever it’s called, you don’t want to eat Cheetos while watching porn flicks. :frowning: