Is there any interest in a LI DopeFest?

CKDH ok’d this (because I thought it was a CS thing - but whattheheck)

I know at least a few of you live on or near Long Island. So - should we plan a dopefest for the spring?

I’d love to go to a DopeFest. I never managed to make one in Chicago.

cool
any idea of what we could do beyond dinner?

I’m interested, my schedule is just limiting.

JohnBckWld might be interested, since he tried to host a pool party back in July.

And what a huge success THAT was. :smiley:

I just had an idea. Anyone been to the Planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay? I went with my mom over the summer for a daylily show and the place is just beautiful. Once spring hits I’d imagine they’d have some events.

P.S. I took a bunch of photos when I was there so if anyone’s interested I can post a link to that album.

That would be cool. I’m working on a story with Teddy Roosevelt as a character. I’m always up for visiting Sagamore Hill, but I’ve never been to the arboretum.

I’d like to see the album. I’ve been there a few times, a bunch of years ago
I have trouble walking, though, so I don’t know that I’d enjoy it now.

Here you go, as requested. Prepare to be assaulted with a zillion close-ups of lilies. :smiley:

very pretty

I’ve been thinking I don’t want to sound selfish so if everyone else wants to go to the Planting Fields, or some other activity that I may have difficulty participating in, please go. enjoy. I’ll meet up with you all at some restaurant afterwards

Will there be beer? Assuming there will be, I’d be interested.

saramamalana, nice photos. I visited the Planting Fields Arboretum a few years ago to see a concert (Bela Fleck & The Fleck Tones) and it was a great place. I think the outdoor concert series starts in the summer, but there’s a hall there where stuff happens all year long.

AndyPolley, you know we’re gonna have to get **Moe **involved in this!

(bump and) How about going to a Ducks game?

I can get discount tickets to **Ducks ** or **Cyclones ** - just let me know how many of you are interested

I wouldn’t be interested in going to a game but like how you were saying with the planting fields, I’d be happy to meet up afterward somewhere.

But the Ducks rule! But so do the planting fields…

Maybe we should just pick the “meet up afterwards” place first. Oh, and I’ll make sure Moe comes along too.