Is this the worst freshman class ever in the USA House of Representatives?

Both the Republicans and Democrats elected some horrible new members to Congress last November. Being a troll and being an asshole on Twitter is the only qualification for many of these

For the Democrats, the most odious is Cori Bush. She’s been even worse than my very low expectations. Even after ‘Defund the Police’ proved to be a disaster, this clueless clown still tries to defend it. https://twitter.com/coribush/status/1399019987721932800?s=21

Jamaal Bowman has also been beyond awful. Just yesterday, his hypocrisy was through the roof when he used Memorial Day as a fundraising plea because ‘he doesn’t want to dial for dollars’ https://twitter.com/jamaalbowmanny/status/1399460362911686659?s=21

Mondaire Jones is also horrible. I vehemently oppose canceling student debt. Here he is whining about his student loans. Poor guy, the crushing student loan debt from LAW SCHOOL. The awful sacrifice of being a law clerk and getting elected to Congress, how can people survive such a burden? https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-yes-biden-can-cancel-student-debt-20210210-j5f4ib7yrzfdpnc3tql52fj2su-story.html

But, the Republicans have also sent their very worst.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is nothing but a troll and performance artist. She’s been stripped of all her committee assignments, all she can do is be a troll, tweet and vote on the House floor. And, of course, be the mouthpiece for anti vaccine idiots.

Lauren Boebert is basically the same, except still holding committee assignments. But, promoting guns everywhere and conspiracies everywhere seems to be her only modus operandi.

It’s definitely been an awful class. The Democrats have it worse, being the party in power.

…Cori Bush is fucking awesome. The police should be defunded. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Using Memorial Day in a fundraising plea is “low”, now?

And how has “defund the police” proven to be anything? It hasn’t been done yet.

It’s definitely been proven to be an anchor around Democratic candidates. Especially with the ‘defund doesn’t mean defund’ crap. If you’re explaining, you’re losing. It’s a horrible slogan than should be buried by every single Democratic officeholder and candidate.

There’s no comparison. At worst, some of the new Democrats need a bit of seasoning and wisdom. At worst, some of the new Republicans are openly opposed to the American system of government.

Is LAW SCHOOL less expensive than other schools?

I have a very hard time feeling any sympathy for someone who took out massive loans for law school. They’re already a college graduate who should be able to make adult decisions, they’re not some 18 year old.

Not only that, but apparently this freshman class has some of the the least educated staff members on the Hill.

Surprise, surprise, this “both sides” analysis lumps in the mentally-ill insurrection-supporting psychopaths like Boebert and Greene with… 3 Black reps who are trying to help people in concrete ways that you disagree with.

Sure buddy. Both sides are truly depraved human beings.

These people are the social media generation. Childish insults and grandstanding is all they know in minimal words is all they know. I’ve heard some of them talk on camera for interviews and official duties and they struggle to get words out.

Here is her Tweet:

Cori Bush
@CoriBush
](https://twitter.com/CoriBush)

May 30

When we say defund, we’re talking about needing to divest from the parts of our society that are harming and killing us—and invest in the parts that help keep us healthy and alive.

Defund the Police means many things to many people. It is a bad slogan, sure, since it can be read as entirely cutting the police budget to zero. But few mean that. What they want to do cut out the para-military toys and get more drug counseling etc instead. As the ACLU puts it (much better, IMHO) “Divest and re-invest”.

And “disaster”? Got a cite?

Please note - the GOP voted to defund the Capital police. Yes, the guys who kept their asses from being lynched.

Every voting Republican voted no on the bill, claiming that it cost too much money and that there was no guarantee the funding would be properly spent enhancing security. Those votes followed recent statements from Republicans that downplayed or outright fabricated facts about the violence that transpired at the Capitol on January 6.

And you left off many of the worst republicans:

North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn

Indicative quote: “Call your congressman and feel free, you can lightly threaten them and say, you know what, if you don’t start supporting election integrity—I’m coming after you, Madison Cawthorn is coming after you, everybody’s coming after you.” —Cawthorn, speaking at a right-wing panel event over two weeks before a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol to threaten and come after members of Congress.

Illinois Rep. Mary Miller

Mary Miller began part of a speech outside the Capitol with the phrase, “Hitler was right on one thing,” which is not an auspicious thing to have said on the morning of a white nationalist riot.

Texas Rep. Beth Van Duyne

She eventually became the mayor of the city of Irving, where she made national news by claiming a dispute-resolution service offered through a local mosque was an attempt to institute “sharia law” and, later, defended the city’s police department for arresting 14-year-old high school freshman Ahmed Mohamed on the grounds that a homemade clock he had brought to show his science teacher was a “hoax bomb.” During her 2020 campaign, she said her opponent’s reluctance to hold in-person events during the pandemic demonstrated a lack of courage

And I find it odd, that as the “Bad democrats” you pick on three Black reps, and only black reps.

Hey guys, you should be so hard on Dale. It’s not right to dump on somebody that young. He obviously wasn’t alive when 87 Republicans, most of them non-political Tea Party members - took office in 2010.

It has been in smaller venues, like Seattle.

Seattle has been particularly reckless in the way that it has done it, since it simply defunded the police without any real plan. It took the mandate literally and applied it in a simplistic fashion. I don’t think anyone but the most ridiculous zealots expect that only defunding police will improve anything, and those people just flat-out hate police. Saner people would prefer the funding to rather be redirected to something productive. But examples like Seattle are going to hurt those efforts.

His ongoing sense of aggravation at ProgLeft Democrats at least helps me learn once in a while of what some members are up to. As opposed to Greene, Boebert, Hawthorn and the like who need no one pointing at them since they themselves take care of loudly calling attention to when they say or do something idiotic.

Eloquently put. :roll_eyes:

Please, don’t put this on “the social media generation”. This is all on Republican voters who are all-in on white grievance politics and conspiracy theories, and elect idiots who will mug for the camera while doing just that. Social media boosts this trend, but the demand is all on voters who are getting exactly what they asked for, and see no problem with it.

As far as I can tell, OP’s problem with the Democrats is the same evergreen complaint that conservative white voters always have with politicians of color who have the gall to hold vocal opinions… “durrrrr they’re just so stooooooopid, just look at them.”

OP has always come across to me rather as the type of the “Establishment” Democrat who’s got a beef with more progressive-left newcomers, along the lines of “you’ll make us lose moderate votes to the Republicans if you keep proposing crazy stuff!!”

idk about that, I just find it extremely jarring that he picked out 4 Black congress-critters as a counterpoint to full-on insurrectionists and consipiracy-theory nutbags. That has a smell to it, but it’s not establishment Democrat.

No, they did not. They considered doing so, and did a vote (which was vetoed) , but as the article says:
The council instead voted for a much smaller round of cuts, including reducing the salaries of Carmen Best, who is Seattle’s chief of police, and members of her command staff as well as trimming about 100 of the department’s 1,400 police officers.

That is not even a 10% cut. Hardly “simply defunded the police without any real plan”.

And since that was less than a year ago, we do not know what effect those small cuts may have, let alone being “disastrous”.

This might clear up what odor you’re detecting…