IT"S BACK!! Futurama Rises From The Grave!

:slight_smile: It is a go, Houston!

Money is budgeyed, & is being spent.
New episodes for TV.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=322305

Also, those direct to DVD releases may still be a go, too.

:cool: :slight_smile: :cool: :slight_smile: :cool:

Good News, I was about to post this. I am glad I searched first. :slight_smile:
Most important part of article:

Jim

Not to be a bitter old cynic or anything, but this is the fourth or fifth time we’ve heard this.

Yeah, it’s beginning to look more and more like the fabled Beatles reunion fans always used to talk about …

Yeah, I don’t want to jinx it by getting too excited. That article even mentions the Onion AV Club article about straight-to-DVD movies that I started a thread about. So until I actually see the new episodes/movies/whatever, I don’t think I’ll believe it.

But here’s hoping!

Yes, but it did come from CNN and So are hopes are raised yet again.

GotFuturama is treating this as just another rumor. As they point out, the article’s statement that “new episodes … currently are being produced for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim late-night block” is wrong, so it’s likely this is a misinterpretation of the long-simmering TV-movie plans.

Will all the voice actors be coming back? It’s not nearly as a big a commitment as a live action show. What’s Segal up to?

I really doubt the Cartoon Network portion of that story, since Comedy Central will be getting the Futurama cable rights in 2008 and with production lead times being what they are they would only get a few episodes aired before they lose Futurama.

Judging from the title of CNN Page, it’s just more of the same rumors we’ve heard before. I wanna believe, but I think someone’s confused (once again) the straight-to-DVD movie development with a new series.

It is good to read Groenig confirm that the movies are, indeed, a real project, though. That’s at least SOME Futurama that’s coming down the pike.

I’ll take whatever I can get. I just hope that I’m still around by the time it actually happens.

My plan is to freeze myself until then.

Better yet I’m gonna freeze myself until time loops back and I can get a Neilsen box and watch the series when it originally aired.

Busy, but it doesn’t look like any of those are recurring roles. (Except possibly Lost, I’ve not seen the show, so I don’t know how her character fits into it.)

“Welcome to the world of…Yesterday!”

Maybe you can get Nibbler to help you out with that project.

Yeah except a freind of mine informed me time doesn’t work that way… Oh well. Time to create a parallel universe where the Fox guy had a different result when he flipped the coin to decide to pull the plug.

“Nope. Straight line.”

Flipped the coin? How dare you! Everyone knows Fox uses a semi-elaborate decision making apparatus involving a blind badger and peanut butter smeared on a handful of playing cards.

The only way to save Futurama is to create a parallel universe where you already had saved Futurama.

And we all know there’s only one parallel universe. To be honest, I don’t think I’d look good in a cowboy hat.