Items in which you are a sucker for.

Books, of course.

And cats - any shape, size or color.

Cat related books.

Cat related stuff - t-shirts, bags, jewelry, knick-knacks, etc.

Game-worn hockey jerseys.

Carousel horses/creatures - I adore Denzel!

Did I mention cats, and books?

I think I found the perfect T-shirt for you, Podkayne!

Dresses I will probably never have an occasion to wear - and one is coming in the mail this week! I can’t wait to, er, sit in the house in it! But it was on sale and I just KNOW I’ll look really good in it. Maybe I’ll wear it when I go to LACMA next month for the Tut exhibit.

Shoes, too. Boots, specifically. Especially of the knee-high variety. Always black (but I fancy these in brown).

If I had the budget for it (and a kitchen I actually had some control over) I’d probably buy a lot of cooking gear.

T-shirts. Plain or with sayings. I wear T-shirts to work every day; I take some gentle ribbing from my co-workers for it. If I’m going to HQ for a meeting, I wear an agency T-shirt or something at least approaching work-appropriate attire, as opposed to my ‘Curious George passed out on ether’ or my The Tragically Hip shirts.

Books. Ditto to pretty much everything others have said–I know about libraries and I use them, but sometimes that just the starting point for needing to own more books by different authors! And they sell books there too–how can you turn down a hardbound copy of A Prayer for Owen Meany for less than a buck?

Martini, wine or shot?

:slight_smile:

I have to confess that I have a thing for owls and turtles.

Good lord, how did I overlook bread? :smack:

I’m weak for just about any kind of freshly-baked anything: bread, biscuits/scones, bagels, croissants, etc. In fact, the French bread I bought last week is getting a little stale, so I think I’ll swing by the Safeway bakery on my way home tonight: they guarantee hot, fresh French bread at 5pm. :slight_smile:

Amen to that. In fact, just about any carbohydrate will do it for me–bread, pasta, potatoes. Atkins, my fat, carb-filled behind. If’n I’m having steak, I’m having mashed potatoes with it.

Snow globes of all descriptions - I love the cheapo plastic kind and I love the deluxe full glass kind with music boxes built in.

Art - despite running out otf wall space I continue to buy more - nuts.

Clothes (most posters know this) - however, at least I recycle this when I’m tired of it, rather than just letting the stuff sit around gathering dust.
Shoes (ditto) - I have a hard time getting rid of, even if I don’t wear them anymore.
Handbags (same, same) - I never get rid of.

Funky rings - I have way too many to wear, but I really love them - conversely, I have like 2 pairs of earings that I actually bought for myself, and basically wear the same pair everyday - go figure.

You’re right, I should have just said “carbs.” :slight_smile: I order pizza with a side of breadsticks. I eat some kind of rice or pasta most days, and have a serious weakness for potatoes. I’m the one who, at a buffet, will get spaghetti and some roasted potatoes. With bread for the spaghetti sauce, of course. :smiley:

I forgot earrings - I have a cork bulletin board full of push-pins for my hook earrings. Especially the cheap tacky ones.

7" records. Whether they’re old ones bought off gemm.com or new ones put out by indie bands, I love them. I don’t have much of a use for 12" ones, though. What’s really strange is that I’m really young - I remember vinyl records being played when I was little, but by the time I was old enough to buy my own music CDs were definitely the norm. Also, I have the crappiest record player that was made in this century. But I still love them. And for the most part, they’re pretty cheap. Plus, it’s always cool to hear a B-side that isn’t on an album, especially if the album is a 33 1/3 and you get three or four songs!

I like vinyl too. But I like odd stuff and my collection is small and hopless pathetic with such titles as : Bongo! Bongo! Bongo! really, it doesn’t get much better than that!

Kitchen gagets. I don’t actually buy that many but I can wander for hours through displays.

I have a total of one peice of amber jewelry…a ring. I luffs it. Do you have any favorite amber sites/links you would care to share? I routinely haunt ebay for an amber pendant to match my ring. I’d email you but yours is private.

Good cookware- mostly skillets and sauce pans. I just received a “get well” skillet that is phenomenal. Professional, yes. But WITH Teflon! Heaven, I tell ya.
Kitchen knives- I’m still searching for my knife soul mate. Until I find it, I’ll keep on buying other knives when I can shell out a few bucks.
Pin Up Art- especially the “whoopsie” style art of Gil Elvgren. I love the naughty and nice combination.
British beer/ale adverts on tin- I started this collection years ago, and I plan to someday decorate my kitchen like a British pub. Not tin, but this is like my holy grail. Gorgeous, no?
Bread- another vote here. I love love love fresh pumpernickle with a bit of butter. drool
Tattoos, dimples, blue eyes & kilts on men.- need I say more?
**Chicks wearing 40s style undergarments- ** bras, stockings, garter belts, woohoo!
Chicks wearing plain white cotton panties- rowr!

Yarn. (I’m a budding knitter)

Pocket watches. (Fortunately I’ve stopped buying them and just eye the pictures on ebay longingly)

Books.

PDA and computer gadgets. To me, “shiny” is a sign of approbation for the object in question. :smiley: Count me in as another crow!

I love pocket watches too, although I only own my one. They are the coolest: functional and sharp and classy all at the same time. I’d never wear a wristwatch again.

-Cribbage Boards (but they gotta be cool)

-Converse Chuck Taylor Basketball shoes (only the ones made in USA, of course!)

Cats.
Most dogs.
Thirties and Forties pop and material culture, most notably 78 recordings, cars, airplanes, and obnoxious ties, but I love it all.
Long-distance train travel.
Vintage saxophones and clarinets.
Almost any kind of good barbeque. [sub=Yes, yes, I know there’s only one kind…yours.[/sub]
Pie.
A good mixed drink (I abjure the term cocktail).
The smell of cocoa butter.
Women’s legs, and what comes with them.