It's A Shiny New MMP!

That’s our man! Keep passing the word.

There are only so many hospital beds and staff and it is going to be a long winter. You are certainly doing your part.

vow, FCMooom (&FCD), Silenus, Flyboy~~

These kudos and thanks are for all of you too. I posted before reading to the end of the thread. I get excited like that about flu (&Shingrix) shots.

Offered with a devote bow.

Thanks. I’d like to pretend I’m all altruistic and everything, but the truth is simply that I don’t want to get sick. It just so happens that right now, me not being sick is beneficial to others, so I’m happy my selfish motives come with a nice feel-good bonus.

Happy Moanday! It rained last night and has been pouring all day. Today’s debate question: do I go for a walk and get wet even with umbrella, or do I stay in? If I let myself wimp out and stay in, I’ll be doing that for months, since we’re in rainy season, and will turn into a pile of Pence–I mean mashed potatoes. Also, unlike a certain broom-wielding, green-faced Toto-hater, I don’t melt when wet. And my throat feels 90% better today.

On the other hand…I don’t wanna be miserable.

Lockdown doesn’t begin until midnight, but already the neuro-ophthalmology dept. at UW has shut down. I called to get the MRI results, but the system sent me to the long queue for the main switchboard instead. The results won’t be posted on the portal unless the doc gets them and posts them because I didn’t have the MRI at a hospital on the same portal. Do docs get test results even when on lockdown?

flyboy, I think your Plan B sounds nice. I assume there’ll be one of her favorites from your vast culinary repertoire for dinner at home, too? 365 days a year, you’re glad she was born, and that’s worth more than anything else.

Dot, I looooove garlic, so I get it, but that garlic crack stuff is super-easy to make at home, using only a few ingredients and a very few minutes to put together. Recipes online abound. Then you can have it any time and probably cheaper. (Disclosure: I’ve never had the original. I have a thing about people putting “Papa” in front of their names to sound Italian, so I boycotted it even before the really ugly stuff came out. I don’t patronize Papa Murphy’s, either.)

VOW, so sorry you’re deprived in this sodium-laced world of ours. 'Taint fair.

Higgs is home and clean. FCD wants his leftover pizza for supper so I’ll figure out something for me. That’s pretty much it for the evening - max chillage!

Ok. Ok. I think it’s time to take a step here on the Dope that I have been contemplating for years. A little afraid, but also tired of being held back by my fears. So… Ready? Here goes…

What does “MMP” mean?

How did that happen? As soon as I posted this, there was a big thing at the top of the screen explaining what “MMP” means.

Yes, they have their own portal and ethically have to read the reports and make a clinical decision on them. How the lowly patient gets the result and the doctor’s treatment suggestion is a whole ‘nother problem. If time was of great urgency, they’d find a way to tell you to ‘get on in here! Or pick up your prescription and take as directed on the label”. It’s the ‘no big deal, the results are what we expected, have a repeat scan done in six months’ that it takes forever to hear about. IME it’s a no news is good news situation.

What?? The secret is out??? :open_mouth: :wink:

Howdy Y’all! Cave spiffin’, nappage, and suppin’ have been the main activities today. It’s been a N.O.S. and bit chilly day. Netflix needs to be watched whilst chillage continues.

I got my flu shot in mid-September. I am a big believer in the flu shot.

Hi y’all… I’m here for warm fuzzies and commiseration. I’ve been cruising along for a few weeks feeling pretty normal, but this afternoon I was slammed with a flaming, screaming panic attack such as I haven’t had for many weeks. I’m not sure what triggered it. Often I don’t know. They just seem to come out of nowhere.

Yeah, the isolation is getting to me, and we’re staring down the barrel of a “long, cold, lonely winter,” as the Beatles put it. Even though the weather here is picture-perfect heavenly right now. It’s weird to be walking in this idyllic, blue sky, 70-degree paradise while harboring a seething, roiling panic inside. Not weird-- no-- it absolutely SUCKS. Xanax took the edge off, but I’m still in it. The Bell Jar.

It has to do with realizing that I’ve been dealing with these fears all my life and likely will deal with them for the rest of whatever time I have left after my 72nd b-day last week. I’ll never be rid of it except for short times. And during those times, I’m waiting for the inevitable knock on the emotional door. Actually, it’s more like expecting the emotional door to be kicked in by jackboots. Yes, I’ve had TONS of therapy, and I have a therapist now. Just put in a call to see if she can squeeze in an extra session this week.

What I’m lacking are two things: 1) joy, and 2) a sense of safety. Not safety from COVID so much, just a general, existential safety. I have a sense of fear and impending doom playing as a soundtrack in the background most of the time. These times we’re living in have just made it worse.

Okay, well… just wanted to get that on the record. I needed to tell someone… or someones… thanks for reading.

You’re talking my talk, girl. Could have written every word myself about today. So come here and say it all you need to. Holding it in only makes it worse-that much I do know.

So, any time, day or night, you’ve got friends.

{{{{ Nellie }}}}

Welcome aboard napier. If you hang around, you will receive your Mumper name shortly. Just remember that gifts of chocolate, beer and bourbon are totally appropriate, use coasters and don’t lend money to flytrap.

I had to scrape frost off my car windows this morning. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I think it might have hit 60F sometime this afternoon.

I had my flu shot mid-September, but got the flu in October anyway. :cry: I will still get flu shots though. Instead of a shingles vaccine, I got a chicken pox vaccine a few years ago. They weren’t available when I was a 2 year old, but I never got them anyway. When I worked in a nursing home in college, I wasn’t allowed to care for patients with shingles for that reason.

I re-upped my benefits at irk today. The benefits site was a little effed up in that, any time that you hit the back button, it started you from the beginning. Aggravating.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

flyboy or any other Washingtonians, does Inslee’s proclamation limiting retail stores to no more than 25% of indoor occupancy limits apply to grocery stores and pharmacies?

Did cajun style burgers with pepper jack cheese, and hme mande fries for dinner. It’s getting cold. Joy.

Yes it is, that’s why I avoid it when possible.

{{{{Thel}}}}

Gordie: "ARFARFARFARFARFARFARF!
Neighbor: “Calm down.”

Tempest!

Evening all. Did get out book shopping today (unsuccessfully, the local B&N doesn’t have it but the one 15 miles away does–figures) and took a long nap (first nappage in a couple of weeks). Also spent 45 minutes or so on the phone with my credit card bank. I couldn’t get the ‘redeem points’ section to come up, finally a lady on the phone asked “Are you using a popup blocker?”

Oh.

Five minutes later and I had $70 in credits put on my two cards. So that is a good thing.

{{{Thel}}}.

napier, welcome and please feel free to stick around. As for a good Mumper name, doggio’s is a bit obscure, but there’s not much to go on…perhaps pier1 might be an option–what do other mumpers think?

nellie, given my size, I can get wet even with an umbrella. Just promise yourself you’ll make it up tomorrow. And hope you get the results soon.

shoe, I’m not a garlic fan, but enjoy.

Wheelie, you actually have a job I envy. Don’t let the B******* get you down and keep making folks happy.

Herald, first quietly (IIRC) and now you. Hope it’s nothing serious and that hot water will soon flow.

FCM, most impressive by Roxy.

flyboy, the I.O.U. sounds like a good idea, she gets to pick the place once they open again.

OK, that’s enough activity for the evening. All y’all take care.

MetalMouse, I appreciate the words of encouragement. Had another fun day today, and with smaller crowds ‘cause it’s Moanday, so not as exhausting. My foul mood of late has pretty much dissipated. Hopefully that remains the case.

Thel, I totally get where you’re coming from. I sincerely hope you can find your way through to the other side.

When I see the name Napier, I think of both Alan Napier, who played Alfred on the 1960’s Batman series, and Charles Napier, who played Tucker McElroy (lead singer of the Good Ole Boys and driver of the Winnebago) in The Blues Brothers. I suppose those references aren’t much less obscure than doggio’s.

I don’t know how I missed seeing this earlier. I’m so sorry you’re in the tight grip of panic again. {{{{{{{Thel}}}}}}

And also {{{{{{Boo}}}}}}.

I wish I could do something to help.

Typo: should have been {{{{Thel}}}}

But Nellie, please keep the {{{{ }}}}. Can’t ever share too many.

Thanks, y’all. I feel better. That helps. {{{{Returning wonderful hugs}}}}