It's Moving time (My First House!)

Well, it’s moving time again…but at least this time it’s more exciting! My wife and I closed on our first house on Friday, and now begins the great odyssey of homeownership. We’re painting the upstairs rooms tomorrow and Wednesday (and start tonight if we can take posession early), while we also are busy packing everything (ugh…) At least we have movers to MOVE the stuff out and in to the new home, but we didn’t want to pay the bigger bucks for a full pack.

Anyway, I’m very excited. The house is a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath two story home in a nice neighborhood on the east side of Columbus. We’ve got a full basement that we’re probably going to finish in about 2-3 years, adding two more rooms and another bathroom. Nice yard (small, but that’s fine for us). It’s a 16 year old house with a brand new roof (which was just finished Friday), and it’s in great shape!

It’s amazing how excited one can get about finally being able to choose COLORS for rooms, after renting for 10 years and living with white walls, or…white walls. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!! It is definitely fun to be able to make these big decisions on how you want your place to look and feel. Expensive, but fun.

Wishing you luck and joy in your new home! :slight_smile: