It's my birthday!

. . . and we’re having pie!

But first, we’re all going to see Batman Begins: me, Genghis Babe, Genghis Boy and Genghis Blonde, a little family obsessive vigilantism freudian costume drama geekfest.

And then pie.

And I’m giving blood today, which means I get a free lunch courtesy of the company cafeteria!

And the **Pistons ** won! Big!

It just keeps getting better and better . . . :slight_smile:

Uh oh. . . I just used up my last !. Now I have to got to Staples, and stock up.

Genghis, honey – no, no, no, don’t go to Staples. It’s your birthday, and I didn’t know what to get you – but I’ve got a shitload, take some of mine:

!!!

Have an excellent day!

(Oops, sorry to be an Indian giver. :wink: )

What kind of pie???

Happy Birthday?

Sorry, by the time I got to Staples, the !'s were all sold out so they gave me a deal on ?'s.

Happy birthday!

Mmmmmm pie.

Hey now… :mad: :smiley:

Happy birthday, Bob. (You guys used them all up.)

Pie? I made myself a cake three years ago. I misunderstood the instructions on the icing and didn’t let it cool enough before putting on the icing. Also, I didn’t have cake tins; so I used a frying pan.

I also made myself a cake the following year. It turned out much better. (Tasted the same, though.)

I didn’t make a cake last year for some reason. This year I was too bored and I just forgot.

Happy Birthday Genghis Bob!

Hey thanks, guys; I feel all warm and fuzzy now (kind of like Johny L.A.'s first cake).

It’s Pecan Pie this year! Same as last year! I’m excited about the Pecan Pie! More importantly, I now have a whole bunch of !'s to use up!

(Thanks, twickster, for the !)

Did I tell you guys I’m going to see Batman Begins! Well I am!

(If these ! last longer than 4 hours, I think I’m supposed to consult my doctor!)

Happy Birthday! You just snuck in under the “Geminis are rock stars” rule. Pie and Batman, woohoo! And you have all weekend to milk it, including Father’s Day on Sunday. And although rare, your !!!'s may last that long, so set a timer and be sure to let us know when you go limp (oops, I mean when you need more !!!'s).

When come back…

Many happy returns.

Happy Birthday!

(pie r square? no, pie r round, cornbread r square.)

:smiley:

Happy Birthday!

It is my SO’s birthday today as well!

(Do you also have a problem with always getting your fingers knicked, cut, bruised, pinched? Someone once told me it was a “Gemini” thing, and boy, does it ever hold true for my SO. He is always getting his hands screwed up whenever there is a project around the house.)

Stop by later…we have a strawberry pie (his favorite) with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream made from scratch!

And I have heard Batman Returns is the best film of the summer, and the very best Batman film ever…so let us know what you think!

Happy Birthday, Genghis Bob! We do pie on birthdays in the Whia family also! Mmm…pie…mmm. Have an extra slice for me!

Happy birthday!! And I’m sure you’ll enjoy. Since you’ve gotten !'s and ?'s, I’ll be original and give you some…Tildes and asterisks.

Aren't they pretty?  :D Not sure what you can do with them, though.  So their jobs will be to look pretty.

Happy birthday! (from a fellow “rock star” :wink: ).

When come back, bring leftover pie :smiley:

Happy Birthday!

Brought you some extra :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: s.

Oh, and save me some pie, too, please! Mmmmmmm, pecan pie.

GT

It’s my birthday today too!

… But you posted the OP yesterday and I’m posting today… Fortunately yesterday wasn’t my birthday and today is, so it all works out…

We’re having strawberry shortcake. Yum!

DMark I’m always looking down and noticing a cut, scrape, or bruise on my hands that I don’t remember getting but I’ve never heard about it being a Gemini thing. Where did you hear that?

*This is your birthday song,
It isn’t very long,
Hey! *
:slight_smile:

I once worked with a woman who vacationed regularly in Sedona, had three cats, bought crystals by the case, could read auras and had Tarot cards in her purse, her car, and at her desk. She asked me about my lover and when I gave his birth date, the first thing out of her mouth was, “his hands always have cuts, bruises, scrapes and nicks.” She told me it was a “Gemini” thing, and especially for someone born near the 17th of June.

What can I say…I don’t believe in any of that crap, but man did she hit his thumb with a hammer with that comment! Every time he picks up a tool, I go to get the bandaids.

<phew> :rolleyes:

for a minute there, I thought maybe you meant that in a Professor Hess kinda way…

glad to see that’s not the case! :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Birthday!

Bo

I’m not particularly clumsy, but then I’m not particularly handy, so maybe I just don’t give myself enough opportunities to chew myself up.

Leftover pie? Sorry . . . in this house, “leftover” and “pie” just don’t work together in the same sentence. Genghis Babe made a pecan pie from scratch (well, okay, pecans really), and it was fabulous; everything you could hope from a pie.

As was Batman Begins (everything you could hope a movie would be, not what you would hope a pie would be, that is). They got the Bruce/Batman dichotomy just right, and explained everything about him without asking for too much suspension of disbelief. I think this is the move that makes everyone forget the last two, and saves the franchise.

I’d heard the fight scenes were a little hard to follow, but I think they were hard to follow in just the “right” way - you got a sense of real, consequential violence and impact in a chaotic flurry - just the way you would expect many-on-one violence to be.

So, all things considered, a huge thumbs up for Batman Begins. Genghis Babe wants to own it - coming from a non-Batman fan, that’s a huge endorsement.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, and mutual Happy Happy to all my fellow Geminis, clumsy or not!

(And thanks for all the fish; and the punctuation and smilies . . . :slight_smile: )