It's the law: Poe, Gaudere, Murphy, Sturgeon and...?

An observation crystalized for me today in the sentence “There’s always that one fucking guy”, or more properly “There’s always That. One. Fucking. Guy.”

Is this observation one that’s already been formulated and named? I figure if anybody will know it’ll be the Dope, as the local population is pretty much entirely made up of various iterations of TOFG.

For certain uses of the phrase, nutpicking would apply.

Clarke?

You missed Godwin off your title list. Clarke had three laws- greedy! :slight_smile:

Asimov - for Three Laws of Robotics:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

I think people are missing the point of the OP: He’s asking if the observation “There’s always that One Guy” is a named law, and if so, who it’s named after. He doesn’t just want a list of people who have other laws named after them.

Not even sure what the one guy’s deal is without context, but here is a list of eponymous laws (named after the Greek philosopher Eponymy.)

Rotten Apple?

I donno–the last part of the OP is

So whatever he means by that, he thinks that most of us are it.

Found it!