I've been meaning to compliment your sig!

Additions to dantheman’s Hall o’ Significant Sigs!

“‘What would you do without Uranus?’ – pluto” – Connor

“‘Stop slouching toward Bethlehem!’ – The Mother of the Beast” – CalMeacham

::Former Chemistry Teacher enters the room::

One atom of Uranium , when hit with one neutron, undergoes fission to produce one atom of Rubidium, one atom of Cesium and three neutrons, while releasing 165 Joules of energy for every Kg of Uranium in the reaction. The numbers (235, 90, and 143) are the relative isotopic masses of the atoms. Sorta like atomic mass.)

For the record, the Rubidium and Cesium continue to decay. This constitutes “fallout”.

Yes, this will be on the quiz. :slight_smile:

and I dig Tommy’s sig, too.

Wow, I am surprised at how many people dig my sig.

FTR, Connor is correct. My sig comes from The State, a sketch comedy show that MTV used to run. One of the damn funniest things I’ve ever seen.

In particular, this was from a skit featuring Barry and LeVon (Sagittarius) and their show.

“Now I know what you’re askin’.
Barry, LeVon, where’d you get 240 dollars.
Shhhhh. Don’t worry your pretty little head about it.
Just keep on mindin’ your own.”

Comedy Central has a whole site dedicated to them. You can see it here. You can download some first season highlights, including this Barry and LeVon skit. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Simetra Don’t change your sig!

[stupid soap opera voice] You see. . .I. . .I’m in love with it! [/stupid soap opera voice]

It makes me laugh everytime I read it.

I don’t use my own sig very much, but I am rather fond of it.

As long as we’re nominating others’ sigs, I’ve always liked some of the really old school posters. Satan’s “yer pal, Satan” is just wonderful.
Neuro-Trash-grrl’s “boycott shampoo, demand real poo!” always got a smile.

Neuro trash Grrrl is the queen of cool sigs. I love her (paraphrased) ‘an infinite number of rednecks riding and infinite number of trucks shooting an infinite number of stopsigns with buckshot will eventually produce all of shakespear’s work in Bralle.’

“Yer pal, Satan” always got a smile out of me.

Diane’s ode to Mark Serlin “Fluff your hair, Beula. I’m feeling frisky!” is a good one.

I’m kind of partial to mine too.

let me just say that I have used Tommy’s sig IRL since seeing it. I think its one of the funniest things I have seen on the board. Honestly.

and the Ghandi quote, as used by Yojimbo is:

“If you Christians were more like your Christ the world would be a better place.”

Tommy the Cat, I blame you personally for all the silly ‘State’ lines that my girlfriend has been pulling out of the air (and all of the funny looks we got at the pizza place…) ever since I said “Hey, guess what I saw as a sig file today…” last week.
:slight_smile:

Schway! racerx likes my sig! Thank you. It fits me, but I’ve had it for a while now.

I’m seriously considering a slightly off-color sig, but I’m afraid I’d make someone upset, and I’d hate that. Came up with it after last sunday:

“Well, strap a paintbrush to my head and put me in a superbowl commercial!”

On second thought, maybe I’ll stick with what I have. Someone else may feel free to use that if they wish.

Who has the Red Dwarf sig? Something like:

We all have something to bring to this conversation. From now on, I think you should bring the silence.

I also like spooje’s sig, and chronos, and I always got a kick of the way “Yer pal, Satan” rolled off the tongue.

In honour of the thread title, I’ll actually include my sig for once.