I've been on here for 10 years and it says I'm a guest

I’m so sorry… I KNOW that this question must have been asked somewhere before. (ducks to avoid thrown objects.) But I really have looked, and I can’t find it!

Well, the title pretty much says it all. I signed up 10 years ago (although there were a few years when I didn’t really post anything.) But I’m listed as a “guest.” If I go to my user profile, it does correctly say my number of posts. I seem to remember that the last time I was here before the couple-of-years break, my post count did show up on any actual post I made. Was this something that somehow changed while I was gone? I feel so unloved. (sigh) Again, I’m SURE that someone else has asked about this, but though I sought, I did not find. All advice appreciated!

If you pay for membership it switches to Member. If you have been a paying member since paid memberships came in and you’ve never let your membership lapse, it says Charter Member.

I honestly don’t know what happened to that. I think I wasn’t billed anymore… anyway, if I start paying up, will it switch back to showing my number of posts next to my name?

Oh, yeah; here’s the other thing I was going to ask. If I go to the paid subscription link and pay for a year, will it “remember” me and list the number of posts and start date correctly? It won’t start me over (zero posts, 2012 join date), would it? Right? Yes? This is the part where you say yes. :slight_smile:

Yes. Your correct join date and number of posts appear in your profile still, and will appear next to your name if you pay for a subscription.

Yay! I’ll do it right now. :slight_smile:

Congratulations: you are no longer a “guest”.

Congratulations, Member! And just FYI: when your subscription runs out next year, you’ll have to resubscribe. It’s not an automatic billing setup.