Ivylass is a humorless idiot

Um, ivylass? it was a joke about collateral damage; it was a BUSH joke for god’s sake. Thanks for pissing on my thread and necessitating its closure, assface.

God forfuckingbid, the one time if my life I find out I have a fucking aftermath (who knew?), but I gotta keep the one tiny giggle it gives me entirely to myself for fear of giving some nastyass sourpuss an excuse to be a humorless fuck. I know, howbout you keep your selfinduglent humorless to YOURself, ivylass, and I’ll just ignore you and continue to giggle when I see a healine that says I leave havoc in my wake.

So watch it or I’ll drop a house on your sister.

Man. I never fucking perview anymore.

the one time in my life

your selfinduglent humorlessness

when I see a headline

[QUOTE=lissener]
perview[ /QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Hyperelastic]

Hahaha, yuo messed up the code*!

[ul]
[li]Your thread was insensitive, but only to the “That’s a bit lame” degree, as opposed to the “I’m so offended I’m gonna take a piss in it” degree.[/li][li]Your thread wasn’t funny enough to compensate for the lack of sensitivity–honest-to-God humour and wit can easily excuse insensitivity.[/li][li]Ivylass was overly sensitive, but only to the “Sheesh, I was just joking” degree, as opposed to the “I’m gonna pit you BITCH!” degree.[/li][li]Pitting her over this is lame, but only to the “Come on, lissener” degree, as opposed to the “lissener is a worthless idiot who isn’t fit to be shat upon by my dog” degree.[/li][/ul]

Yeah but, dude, she started the joke! She came in and played along, apostrophizing to me like I was the damn hurricane. I picked up the script and played along. Where the hell does she get off calling me a jackass, in MPSIMS no less, for playing Abbot to her Costello?

You have the right to express your humor.
She had the right to piss all over it.

Look, I have a pretty dark sense of humor too. I found much of the thread light-hearted and nothing to get worked up about, but I also know how it could make me feel pretty bad if it was my house that was destroyed or my neighbors who were killed.

This is a public message board. If you post funny threads that are on sensitive subjects, you better be ready to be pissed on.

Look at it from her perspective, man. Her whole life has been turned upside down (maybe) while you’re there sitting in the comfort of your Pacific-Northwest home, giggling over your “aftermath”. And bringing God into it! The appropriate response would be to apologize or just shut the fuck up about it. Not to make things worse by pouting, which is really what you’re doing. Grow up.

(I normally agree with you on things, and sometimes I can find ivylass to be too much, but this time I’m going to sympathize with her. I might not have gone into the thread the way she did, but then again Charley hasn’t done much but spit on us up here.)

Hope things are all right for you, ivylass

I’m not seeing where she started anything. Her first post contrasts with the others before it in that it was a huge DOWNER. Any fool would have taken the hint.

Maybe the thread would have gone better if you had stayed away from all the stuff about collateral damage and wiping out of towns where sweet old ladies were killed. It’s just too soon for some people, ya know?

I don’t think her first post in there was “playing along.” Not the vibe I got off it, anyway.

I agree that she was absolutely over-reacting to a harmless joke. On the other hand, I think pitting somebody because they didn’t like a harmless joke is, itself, an over-reaction of equivalent proportion.

Sigh. I can’t win for losing. She called me a name in MPSIMS and turned my thread into a thread that needed closing! Can’t I vent about that?

Sure, of course you can. Can you do it without people showing up and telling you what they think about your venting? You’ve been around long enough to know the answer to that. You post something in the Pit (or any forum), then you’re turning it into a public issue. If you want to vent without comments from the peanut gallary, go scream into a pillow or something.

She shouldn’t have called you a jackass in MPSIMS. She should have been reprimanded for breaking that rule.

But she didn’t close your thread. Her response might have inspired the decision, but I’m betting **Cajun Man[b/] thought it might be a good thing to do anyway. With the news continually showing the carnage and all, it was going to hit a downward spiral eventually.

No; can anyone post anything in the pit without a guaranteed chorus of “Pitting her over this is lame”? Of course not. I almost made that the “in the second place” of my last post, but figgered it was obvious.

A couple of immutable SDMB laws: [ul][li]if you pit a moderator, the brownnosers will come out of the woodwork to praise the mod for their thankless jobs[/li]if you pit antoher doper, a bunch of other people will come out of the woodwork to tell you you an asshole for pitting them[/ul] I’ll send you a dollar for every thread you can find that’s an exception to these laws.

-Pitting another poster and then turning to self-pity when a bunch of people don’t leap on your bandwagon, usually involving a complaint about some immutable SDMB law or somesuch nonsense.

There is no “chorus”. A sum total of six people–not including yourself–have posted to this thread. Three of them expressed sentiments sympathetic–but not wholeheartedly–to the pittee. Wait a while and I’m sure you’ll get some “The OP is right” kinda posts. Because that’s just as inevitable.

If you can’t deal with people not agreeing with you, stop posting to public message boards.

[QUOTE=lissener]
No; can anyone post anything in the pit without a guaranteed chorus of “Pitting her over this is lame”? Of course not. I almost made that the “in the second place” of my last post, but figgered it was obvious.

A couple of immutable SDMB laws: [ul][li]if you pit a moderator, the brownnosers will come out of the woodwork to praise the mod for their thankless jobs[/li][li]if you pit antoher doper, a bunch of other people will come out of the woodwork to tell you you an asshole for pitting them[/ul] I’ll send you a dollar for every thread you can find that’s an exception to these laws.[/li][/QUOTE]

She called you a “jackass.”

You responded by calling her a “humorless idiot,” “assface,” “nastyass sourpuss,” “humorless fuck,” and “self-indulgent.” As far as I’ve seen in this thread, no one’s called you an “asshole,” as you claim. They’re merely pointing out that you both over-reacted.

You could look at the MPSIMS thread and react one of two ways: you could say, “okay, I don’t see the harm in it, but maybe it was too soon to be kidding about it, so that’s the end of that.” Or you could escalate. You chose the latter, and people are pointing that out.

Well, look on the bright side – people will stop screwing up your name now.

And you went from a dog to a hurricane overnight! Not bad, methinks.

(Besides, this could probably be solved with a simple and light apology from both sides, e.g., “Sorry if I rubbed a sore spot” and “Sorry if I was overly sensitive and called you a jackass”.)

[QUOTE=lissener]
A couple of immutable SDMB laws: [ul][li]if you pit a moderator, the brownnosers will come out of the woodwork to praise the mod for their thankless jobs[/li][li]if you pit antoher doper, a bunch of other people will come out of the woodwork to tell you you an asshole for pitting them[/ul] I’ll send you a dollar for every thread you can find that’s an exception to these laws.[/li][/QUOTE]

Translation: Some people will disagree with you in a Pit thread. Get a LiveJournal if you don’t people doing that.

[QUOTE=lissener]

A couple of immutable SDMB laws: [ul][li]if you pit a moderator, the brownnosers will come out of the woodwork to praise the mod for their thankless jobs[/li][li]if you pit another doper, a bunch of other people will come out of the woodwork to tell you you an asshole for pitting them[/ul] I’ll send you a dollar for every thread you can find that’s an exception to these laws.[/li][/QUOTE]

That’s some crowded woodwork we’ve got here in the Pit.

So, seeing as you’re so well-versed in the immutable laws of the SDMB, why exactly are you surprised by the reaction you got for this thread? Why even bother posting it, if you knew with such exatitude what sort of response you’d get?

Look, man, it’s not like I haven’t had exactly the same thing happen to me. I’m still kinda burned about this thread being shut down, and that’s hardly the only one. But so what? It’s just a dumb joke thread. I could have gone and pitted, say, ianzin for not getting the joke, but what does that accomplish except to make me look like even more of an asshole in the eyes of the people I inadvertantly offended? Sometimes it’s smarter just to walk away.

I never suggested otherwise. I was speaking generally, about all such Pit threads. Where did I suggest that this thread had already gone through the five stages of death and dying?

And trust me, spoofe, it’s not selfpity; it’s resigned unsurprisedness, or something. I have a wry smile on my face, and a rolling eye, not a pout. Sorry to disappoint you.