Jade Helm 15

So, how’s the occupation of Texas coming along? I haven’t heard much lately about it in the News, so I’m assuming the evil government forces have taken over the media in Texas and moved all their reporters into temporary relocation camps. For their own safety. :confused:

You haven’t heard anything because it’s pretty much a non-story. As a Texan myself, I feel comfortable saying that there hasn’t been–wasn’t ever–any kind of widespread fear that the US government was secretly planning on implementing some kind of martial law here.

A few anti-Obama, conspiracy theory nutbags cried foul about some military training exercises (which have a long history in Texas) and the usual suspects (the more extreme Tea Partiers) got their panties in a bunch and news outlets sensationalized it and our governor (of whom I am not a fan) made some stupid comment and it got a couple of days of coverage and since then I think pretty much everyone has forgotten about it. Except those who just salivate at the thought of getting in some digs at Texas.

Business as usual in the Lone Star State! :slight_smile:

Just gotta say that this…

A few anti-Obama, conspiracy theory nutbags cried foul about some military training exercises (which have a long history in Texas) and the usual suspects (the more extreme Tea Partiers) got their panties in a bunch and news outlets sensationalized it and our governor (of whom I am not a fan) made some stupid comment and it got a couple of days of coverage and since then I think pretty much everyone has forgotten about it.

…is one hella impressive sentence. Carry on.

I’m not in Texas, but a few people at work went on about it back in July, but have been pretty quiet since. Especially after someone explained to them what the dots on the mail boxes really meant.

It work best when read aloud like this:

Afewanti-Obama,conspiracytheorynutbagscriedfoulaboutsomemilitarytrainingexercises(whichhave
alonghistoryinTexas)andtheusualsuspects(themoreextremeTeaPartiers)gottheirpantiesinabunchand
newsoutletssensationalizeditandourgovernor(ofwhomIamnotafan)madesomestupidcommentand
itgotacoupleofdaysofcoverageandsincethenIthinkprettymucheveryonehasforgottenaboutit.

What do they mean…

Apparently, according to one of my coworkers who has a second job, they indicate who gets what paper on delivery routes. One color means weekly, another weekend only, another Sunday only, etc.

And what happened with the converted Walmarts?

They were Targeted.
flees

Well nationally, one third of all Republicans were convinced that the government was trying to take over Texas. Another 28% were not sure. Half of all Tea Party sympathizers thought the takeover was going to happen.

But that was back in May. Crazies have short attention spans, so they are probably freaking out about something else now. Introspection is not their strong point.
Poll: One-Third Of Republicans Think Obama Wants To Invade Texas | Right Wing Watch Alec Jones predicted that 300,000 would die in a Civil War. What does he say now? “Global meltdown is underway… This is a total emergency alert. Get yourself and your family ready defensively and offensively, get out there out there and warn people.” It’s September so it’s time to replay what he was saying in June. The summer of right-wing paranoia fizzles out: Operation Jade Helm 15 concludes with nary a military coup | Salon.com

I just don’t see…like do the Tea Partiers even think for a second more how the government would pull off this takeover?

A huge portion of the Armed forces *comes *from Texas. And the typical service member I met is frequently a right wing resident of a rural area. Not always, but frequently. So by ordering the military to attack Texas you are literally ordering both Texas and people who would strongly sympathize with Texas to attack their own people.

Gonna be tough to pull that off. I don’t see how you could even attempt it - I would guess that about half the military, if not more, would outright refuse the order if phrased as “take over Texas and deny everyone their civil rights”

I mean, this is actually an interesting logistical challenge. How would you even do it?

And, yeah, if you thought occupying Iraq was hard…I can’t imagine the nightmare that holding Texas would be. Like Iraq but worse by a factor of 10 to 100. Tons and tons of Texans have STEM degrees from extremely cheap state schools. The IEDs made by Texas would be made with bloody arduinos in them and they would probably take out a tank 90% of the time. If you thought trying to take away all the AK-47 “arm caches” in Iraq was hard…what they call an “arm cache” in Iraq would be “my closet” to about half of Texans.

Texans wouldn’t be sniping would rusty sights on an AK, they’d be in the prone, with a dog eared copy of a book on “how to snipe for idiots” next to them, in a proper hide, they’d wait for their moment, and then bam, another government goon down.

It just sounds impossible.

Don’t invasions usually happen to places that aren’t already part of the invading country? Are we supposed to be invading to kick them out? Like a reverse Civil War?

Yea, I always wonder about people that have been freaking out over FEMA camps and the like since the Clinton Administration. You’d think after the tenth or fifteenth iteration of nothing happening, they’d figure theres nothing there, or at least start to feel a little silly. But then, I guess it’s basically the modern equivalent of religious groups who think the end of the world is imminent, and every random world event is a sign of the end-times.

Jade Helm 15 was just a false flag/inside job/covert op/agitprop job to distract from the real threat: Jade Helm 15 and 3/4ths. The fact you haven’t heard about it proves how dangerous it is.