JanL-the One Trick Pony to End all One Trick Ponies!

Hail Mary full of Grace, the man is even endorsed by the esteemed DAVID ICKE !

Other examples:

Here

Here

If JanL discusses race and “Hollow Earth Theory”, wouldn’t that make him a two-trick pony?

<Yawn>

JanL is a walking Pit thread, he definitely doesn’t need more attention in a thread devoted to him.

[Paul Anka]

To stop that racist, one-two-three,
Here’s a fresh new way that’s trouble-free.
It’s got Paul Anka’s guarantee…
(guarantee void in Tennessee)
Just don’t look. Just don’t look.

[/Paul Anka]

Guinastasia, aren’t you now going to post a letter from a “loyal supporter” which agrees wholeheartedly with every single word you say about everything?

I apologize for quasi-defending this clown when he first appeared. In penance, I have gone to his site and semi-flamed him. (“Jan, you’re a lying coward”)

Actually, I was hoping to goad him into coming back and defending himself…

Oh, I dunno, Guin, I think he’s kinda cute, in a Sea Sorburst kind of way… :smiley:

From the David Icke link:

Cool.

And as Biggirl points out, Jan’s already sooooo “been there, done that, bought the T-shirt” in the Pit. :smiley:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=108164

Duck Duck Goose: I disagree. I don’t find much cute about this one. JDT was “cute” in a sorta frothing at the mouth sort of way. After all his obsession was so off the wall, you just had to shake your head in amused disbelief. If this guy just stuck to the “Hollow Earth” nonsense, he might be worth a laugh.

But this one is off the charts. I really tried to repond to that first incoherent spasm of a GD post, but it went in so many directions I got confused just trying to write my reply. Where to start? Little things like the absolutely ludicrous notion that Indian sailors landed in Africa, marched hundreds of miles inland to Zimbabwe, built stone temples and forts, mined gold, then took it and left? Big things like his “cite” in his other post about a “German study he saw last year” that said Blacks were poor because that’s the most they had the capacity to achieve? Ah, no - Too much.

This one is just depressing, Grade-A loon or not. I’m hoping I have the will-power to not reply to his ramblings ( thank god tomndeb stepped in on the Liberia thing before I felt compelled to ). It’s better for my generally sunny disposition :smiley: . Though, I have to admit, I’m weak - My intellectual outrage might get the better of me in the end :wink: .

• Tamerlane

Guinistasia, you forget HE KNOWS THE REAL TRUTH. Your behavior here is decidedly UNBECOMING OF A LADY. You had a chance to turn from your EVIL MARXIST WAYS AND YOU CHOSE NOT TO. Capitalizing the end of every sentence SURE IS FUN. I know that I myself AM ENJOYING IT. MAYBE I’LL JUST WRITE ENTIRELY IN CAPS. THEN PEOPLE HAVE TO LISTEN AND BELIEVE IT THAT COLONIALISM WAS THE ONLY WAY TO GO AND WHITES ARE CLEARLY THE SUPERIOR RACE. Can you imagine if BARKING SPIDER AND JANL SAT DOWN AND CREATED A COLABERATIVE POST. They would blind us ALL WITH THE TRUTH and the MARXIST BLACKS WOULD BE FINISHED AT LAST.

Look, the guy is a turd, of that there is no doubt. Still, he is more of less invited here to explain his views, which he does. Then he gets nailed to the wall for it, as he should. So far so good. Why start an additional pile-on accusing him of being a OTP? I mean isn’t that sort of a self fulfilling prophesy? If he wasn’t told to come here in the first place, almost none of us would have heard of this guy.

“I got this guy with extreme views to come here to explain them, and not for any other reason. He does exactly what I asked him to do. Now that’s all he wants to discuss. Horrors!”

Now, for the first time ever, I will use this: :rolleyes:

Haj

With all due respect, I think you’re all missing the point. This isn’t looniness and I don’t think it’s particularly funny. A black Zimbabwean or South African government has to be inferior to a white one. If blacks are as capable as whites, and just as able to govern themselves, then everything Jan learned growing up, everything the society he lived in was based on is a lie, and he and his fellow white Rhodesians, and even the founders of the country, instead of being noble stewards helping to bring a savage continent out of savagery, were instead evil people, taking away the freedom of the majority.

It’s a sad thing when everything you’ve believed, and everything you counted on to be true, disappears, and it’s a sad thing when you lose your legends.

**Captain Amazing **, I believe, has hit the nail on the head. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m being too subtle with my posts, but I posed a similar breakdown to janl in this thread: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1989907#post1989907

Scroll down near the end of the thread to see what he posted, Dopers’ responses, and his lack of response to that. I said the following in response to some of the crap he posted in that thread, and I doubt he will respond to it.

janl said: “But the difference is I see Racism as a scam. In short it is just a load of propaganda aimed at making whites (its only intended for whites) feel guilty up to their eyeballs and then stealing from them in the name of righting a supposed wrong. That’s the bottom line.”

<snip> As far as racism being “aimed at making whites (it’s only intended for whites) feel guilty . . . ,” that is a fascinating take on things. However, it leads me to wonder. If you feel guilty about X thing–in your case, racism–then I have to wonder why you feel guilty. Is it because you have engaged in acts that are considered to be racist, therefore making you a racist? Is it because you fear you are a racist, and aren’t really sure, but want to have your bases covered, and therefore feel guilty anyway? Is it because you don’t understand the world you live in right now because you have bought into the definitions and narrowed viewpoints that society has sanctioned, but you also have seen several persons, places, things, or actions that don’t quite fit into what society says is just and right? This last thing I call cognitive dissonance, and it is one of the most valuable things that a human can feel, for it can set that person down the path that may lead to enlightnment: critical thinking. Or is it something else? Hmmm.

The more I see of what he posts, the more I think that what drives him is the fear of facing the fact that the racist ideals of white supremacy that he’s based his existence on on that small farm of his in Zimbabwe and in whatever dealings he’s had with South Africa under Apartheid are “pseudo-intellectual bunk.” It would appear that rather than deal with that, he is trying to warp things so that the victimizers (white racist colonists and their racist institutions like Apartheid) become the victimized, and the victimized (those black and other colored Africans who’ve been oppressed by white racist colonists and their racist institutions like Apartheid) become the victimizers. :rolleyes: I’m frankly amazed at the illogical contortions it takes to get at that level of thinking, but this is a pattern that I’ve noticed again and again in my dealings with racists generally. The thing that I find disturbing is that anyone who claims to have a brain and knowledge of how to use it would be so ready and willing to buy into his bullshit. It ought to be clear as day that in janl’s rather pathetic case, the Emperor has no clothes on. [sigh]

Anyone who has read A Prayer for Owen Meany can’t help but snicker when they see his posts. A JanL/Barking Spider post would be absolutely mindblowing.

I don’t pretend to understand everything about African politics, but my long-time companion was a white Zimbabwean, and I made two extended visits to the country during the late '90’s to visit her family, including two uncles who (like JanL) are farmers. Salt of the earth they may have been, but unfortunately I have to say that JanL’s attitude (perhaps minus the hollow-earth looniness) is extremely prevalent there.

Just as many aspects of life in Zim seemed a throwback to the early 1950’s, many, if not most, of the whites I met exuded a casual racism that mimicked American attitudes in the pre-civil rights era. The very least offensive of the many racist views I heard was that Africans are silly children who simply don’t know any better than to let the whites run things for them. Ask most whites about Mugabe’s huge monument to (ugh) North Korean co-operation during the civil war, and you will get a disparaging comment about the ‘Gooks and Spooks’ shrine.

At least part of this is due to a siege mentality in the white minority that is not entirely unfounded, for it is today seriously dangerous to be a non-supporter of Mugabe’s ZANU-PF party. Those uncles I met a few years ago have both recently had their property looted by ‘war veterans’; one has been physically attacked (fortunately without serious injury) and both are gradually being forced off their land without any semblance of compensation or due process.

Not that the above excuses the views of JanL and his ilk. Many of the whites who remain in Zim conveniently forget the history of their government’s savage oppression of non-whites who challenged the established order (routinely described exclusively as ‘terrorists’ by my acquaintances there). Now, as Mugabe’s dreary, corrupt reign winds down, they find themselves barricaded on their lonely farms, wondering what terrible thing may happen next, but never once considering that the ruthless crushing of dissent thirty years ago left only the extremists behind to take power.

Very well put.

• Tamerlane

I’m beginning to think that we are better off describing Jan as a one-trick mule.

My goal is to one day find someone with one post and accuse them of being a one-trick pony. :smiley:

celestina, El Kabong-I think you guys nailed it-so, why not post that in Jan’s thread. Ask him very quietly, say, “Hey, DO you feel guilty? If so, why?” “Why would they try to make you feel guilty-if you did nothing wrong?”

I think you’re right…we need to whisper…rather than shout back.

Well, at least JanL has the talent to write a book and have his own web site, and he’s not some loser working at K-Mart for minimum wage, at least until the store closes because of bankrupty.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

On the other hand, I know of at least one Kmart employee who (a) isn’t a complete fucking racist like Barking Spider and his South African buddy, and (b) isn’t so fucking delusional as to think it’s any great accomplishment to write books positing a hollow earth and the racial inferiority of an entire fucking continent.

But if that’s what it takes to impress you, B.S., more power to you. Any additional power would be a vast improvement over the fizzling little oven lamp light bulb that passes for your brain.

FUCK YOU, BS. Just fuck you. At least I don’t put other people down just to make myself feel better.

Go to hell!