Japanese Hotel Operated by Robots

I like the velociraptor desk clerk.

Even more amusing is that the cleaning staff is human. Maybe we can sell them a few Roombas.

But you couple this with the story about Killer Robots in Australia ( Headline: "Scientists Design Killer Robot ..." - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board ) and that velociraptor desk clerk doesn’t look so cute anymore. And I don’t like that the facial recognition robot looks too much like the HAL-9000

“Open my hotel room door, HAL”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that, Dave.”

Robots doing the desk work (and killing starfish) while humans do the cleaning; I don’t see a problem here.

oh, sure, they’ll KILL the starfish, but they won’t clean up afterwards.
It sounds like having robots is like having kids.

The Gen-3 robots are going to have tentacles. You don’t want to know what happens if you forget to tip.

Do cyber hookers hang out in the lobby?

I found the hotel’s web site http://www.h-n-h.jp/en/, which says the place opens in March 2016. Apparently it’s near Huis Ten Bosch, a Dutch-oriented theme park near Nagasaki.

I want to stay there but I’m terrified.

What’s the worst that could happen? The robots become sentient and rape you death as a sacrifice to the Old Ones?

Not to worry, a plucky band of scantily-clad Japanese school-girls (age-appropriate) will show up in their mecha’s to save you.

Well, save your life, you’ll still be horribly violated.

By robotic tentacles.

All that for $80/night? And they say vacationing in Japan is too expensive.

I live far enough from Sydney to want to spend the night there on rare occasions. Tokyo and Kyoto are cheap by comparison.

Ever see Westworld?