A while ago while playing Trivial Pursuit with some friends, we had a question that referenced a President who had a son. So we were listing out recent Presidents that had and didn’t have sons (that we knew of)
Teammate 1: Reagan had a son, Clinton, no…
Teammate 2: Does Bush have a son?
Me: No, Bush the Younger just has two daughters.
Teammate 2: What about the elder?
Me: I’m going to let you think about that for a minute.
He realized what he had asked pretty quickly, but it was good for a laugh.
[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
I can top that: I once parked at a public library in Fort Pierce, Florida. One of the spaces had a sign reading, “LIBRARY PERSONAL ONLY.”
[/QUOTE]
Back in 2001 or 2002, CALTRANS put up a temporary sign directing people to “Monterey Peninsula Collage” during the registration periods.
OK–I wouldn’t know, I’ve only had Swedish meatballs once, and only then in the form of a TV dinner maybe four years ago.
Did you ever order it? How do you know they didn’t battle for supremacy once you’d paid for the dish? They might have even bled warm, gooey cheddar cheese. I bet you feel like an idiot for missing out, don’t you?
[QUOTE=fetus]
A girl I met while going to the U of Arizona was a typical 2004 sorority girl–with the shirt cut off above the shoulders and tied at the belly button and all that bullshit–
[/QUOTE]
You know, although I’m trying incredibly hard, I just can’t picture what a shirt cut off above the shoulders would look like.
[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
You know, although I’m trying incredibly hard, I just can’t picture what a shirt cut off above the shoulders would look like.
Unless you mean a turtleneck.
[/QUOTE]
Try “sleeves cut off past the the shoulders.”
[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
You know, although I’m trying incredibly hard, I just can’t picture what a shirt cut off above the shoulders would look like.
[QUOTE=dangermom]
I read a Nancy Drew novel today that my little girl was reading. The theme is “Nancy tours South America,” so she visits several major historical sites, Macchu Picchu etc. The big crime syndicate activity that she hunts down in this episode? Quinine smuggling. In very small amounts.
[/QUOTE]
Laugh at me all ya want, but I actually have learned a lot of stuff from Nancy Drew books. Until I read this one, I had never even HEARD of the Nazca Lines. I had a woefully inadequate education back in grade school.
:smack: D’oh! Of course. I could’ve chosen a clearer way to express that, for sure…
(Actually, the 2004 sorority version cuts off a little more. Most of both shoulders are exposed. Why this phenomenon skipped 20 years, and whether or not it’s still going on in sororities, I can’t tell you.)