JLU: Luthor Takes Charge (Open Spoilers)

Ok I admit I was wrong however I do not like this practice.

They are, but different teams do everything. I mean, you have Christopher Nolan and his producers behind Batman Begins, Bryan Singer and his producers behind Superman Returns, Joss Whedon helming Wonder Woman, the dude who once played the “tough guy” on Head of the Class * as the producer of Smallville, Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie on JLU*, Murakami on Teen Titans, Jeff Mitsuda (sp?) on Ze Batman, whoever makes Krypto the Superdog… that’s just off the top of my head. All those teams would have their own separate contracts drawn up for their own projects, even if they all labor under the Warner Brothers umbrella and use characters owned by DC Comics.

I liked Luthor disappointed when he realized he was a bald ape.

::: Moderator 'fesses up :::: For some reason, the spoiler tags aren’t working. I have no clue why. I’ve put “Spoilers” in the thread title until we can find someone who can figger it out. Apologies!!

Sigh Why am I not surprised…?’ Classic, that.

Um, is it just me or are spoiler tags not working in this thread?

[Emily Litella]Never mind.[/EL]

:o

What I want to know is how this series managed to end up with some of the best writing on TV.

Superman: I know a burger place in Metropolis that has the best fries on the east coast. And the milkshakes are so thick… [as Deadman] I need your help.
Wonder Woman: That’s pretty thick.

To me, Dwayne McDuffie’s episodes have some of the best character moments and dialogue, Paul Dini’s episodes are the most epic in terms of plot, and newcomer Matt Wayne writes the best fight scenes.

Shame its all winding down. I want to see Dwayne McDuffie do Milestone Comics Animated, baby!

That was Grodd’s plan? If I were Luthor, I would have shot him, too.

I was impressed. A JLU with a body count.

My big question was: if Grodd’s ray turned humans into gorillas, why did Superman turn into a gorilla?

I was wondering the same thing. Dianna, also - wasn’t she created rather than born?

[fanboy explanation mode]

Obviously Grodd’s device wasn’t perfectly specific to humans. It would transform any humanoid into an ape (one wonders if Chimpanzees found themselves turning into Gorillas, or lowland gorillas into mountain gorillas). While Superman is not human, he’s close enough. His physiology, outside of the powers, is very similar, and he’s been affected by such “anti-human” devices before. Also, it was fueled by magic, which Superman has no defenses against.

Diana, however, is human. She started life as a statue, but was transformed into a perfectly human baby. She even has a human soul.

[/FEM]