JLU question

I’ve read an interview by one of the producers of Justice League Unlimited that the whole conspiracy storyline that has been building this season reaches all the way back to the third(?) episode of Batman: The Animated Series. Whether that means third production episode or third aired episode I don’t know. Does anyone know which episode contains hints at the conspiracy and what I should look for?

By airdate that would be Heart of Ice
Mr. Freeze targets the industrialist responsible for his wife’s death.

I can’t tell you for sure. However, the last few episodes will touch on things brought up in Batman:TAS, the Superman series from the same time (I forget its exact name), Batman Beyond and Justice League. The last episode of JLU is called “Epilogue”, and it may just in fact be the epilogue of the current animated DCU, but I hope not. I’m hoping that JLU will continue.

I’ve read elsewhere JLU has been renewed. The next to last episode implied they’ll be abandoning the orbiting Watchtower and using the embassy approach of the 80s JLA comic. I expect more teleplays from JM DeMatties in that event and more screen time for Elongated Man, Fire, Ice, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold and the return of Mister Miracle and … hopefully… Guy Gardner.

“Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha! One punch!”

Kevin Conroys website says he was signed for a third season, but Epilogue had such a feel of closer to me.

Dwayne McDuffie has said on his own message board that the show is renewed for another season: http://forums.delphiforums.com/Milestone/start

Oh, they don’t have the rights to use Blue Beetle (unfortunately!), so he has never appeared in the show. They can’t use Plastic Man, Phantom Stranger, or Animal Man either (that we know of), or any of the Titans or Batman supporting characters.

Duuuude, spoilers! Its’ not a huge one, but still…

Yeah, but… but… but…

Oh, yeah. It hasn’t played in the states.

Groan. Okay, point taken.

Yup. No Beetle. Therefore, no Bwa-Ha-Ha league (thank God). Due to a 1940’s radio show keeping his rights all a-tangle. If you want to be cynical, it probably contributed to his death in the comics: no way for him to be profitable in licensed material.