Joe Schmo Finale

One of the things that did bother me about the finale is that I thought it was poorly directed/edited. I convinced someone to watch the finale who had not seen the show and was disappointed in what they choose to show as summaries. Matt had said/done so many nice things that instead of Ralph telling us what a great guy he was over and over again, why not show us? Also, the actors and producers had said many nice things about Matt during the filming of the show so it wasn’t as effective to have everyone sit down and tell Matt how nice he was. They could have just shown candid clips of people commenting on how nice he was. It probably sounds nitpicky to someone who watched the show from the beginning but it was frustrating trying to get across to the person who I was watching it with to understand just how nice he was.

I have enjoyed this show from the start and I thought last nights finale was great! Every single time I heard that high-pitched “Whaaaat is going ooon?!?” I cracked up. I, too, thought the host was smarmy. I can’t look at his face too long without laughing. He has these intense, beady eyes and a mouth that curls like the Grinch when he smiles.

I did and do think Matt is a great guy. However, during the “aftermath” interview, I also got the impression he might be a stoner. He’s 27, dropped out of school, lives with his folks…and follows Phish? :slight_smile:

Oh yeah… I think it finally set in what had happened, after he got all the money and the prizes, and he started getting a bit mad. Apparently he is still mad at Brian, but I’m sure he’s forgiven Holly :wink:

I didn’t know he dropped out of school - I thought he was in Law School?

That Phish line was my favorite part. “I’m giving ALL of it to my Mom, and we’re going to invest it…well, I may go see Phish for a little bit.”

And why the HELL would they hold secret meetings in the room next to Matt’s bedroom in the first place??

Yeah, that was probably either made up or exaggerated. Plus, why was he going back into that room – didn’t he move to the laundry room before that?

Also – how about Kip’s Arnold Schwarzenegger being electrocuted impression? That was awesome.

He dropped out of Law School.

He won the master bedroom in some contest or another. I don’t remember the exact details.

I was very happy to see him so overwhelmed by how much everyone loved him.

I know that he is the kind of guy with whom I would want to be friends.

I love Matt. Matt is to be emulated…what an amazingly good person. And he’s funny and smart and cute and secure to boot! He just rocks. I’ll bet he’s fabulous in bed.

I found it very satisfying as well. Best reality show ever!

He “won” the master bedroom by doing an impersonation of Kip in Kip’s contest.

It’s Molly!

And don’t you forget it. :wink:

Did anybody else think he might deck his “buddy”? He kind of gave him a very light “get the hell away from me, you disgust me” push when he was asking him if he was an actor.

I did like the show and the ending. It was done about as good as it possibly could have been with the budget constraints SpikeTV had them under.

He dropped out of law school, but he did get a bachelor’s degree from Penn St., I believe.

My favorite line from the finale, Matt to Kip, “but you are gay, right?”

Just saw it - it reran on Spike.

I saw part of the marathon, so I didn’t keep up with the whole show, but I swore I saw Hutch get kicked off…how did they put him back on the show?