John Cleese - 76 Years Old Today

Happy Birthday, (soon to be) Sir Cleese! Please keep living!

Post your favorites!

Stoning: - YouTube

On stupidity.

What’s all this then?

You started it! :mad:

Lancelot attacking the castle is probably my favorite. The endless running over the hill kills me every time. The first time I saw the move I was probably 13 or 14, and I laughed at that scene until I cried. I still love it.

I also love Cleese’s appearance on Cheers as a psychiatrist giving Sam and Diane premarital advice. At one point, Diane says to Cleese’s character, “You are the wisest man I have ever met.” Cleese responds, “High praise indeed.” The Cleesian deadpan delivery is just awesome.

Brilliant sense of humor, Happy Birthday John.

Sir Cleese? Sir John Cleese, or Sir John. Not Sir Cleese.

I just heard his voice on a couple of edpisodes of Carttoon Network’s odd series Over the Garden Wall.

He’s done some interesting serious stuff. I recall seeing him playing Petruchio in a TV adaptation of Taming of the Shrew (technically a comedy,but miles away from his usual stuff). He played a professor in the otherwise awful remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, taking the Same Jaffe/Albert Einstein role. And he was Professor Waldmann to Kenneth Branaugh in the latter’s Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.

This interview with him, by Adam Savage, is possibly one of the most interesting interviews I’ve ever seen.

Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?”

Happy Birthday indeed.

I fondly recall his Schweppes ads. They always cracked me up. Especially the straight tonic commercials. They get more and more absurdist as they go.