Jon Gosselin is the worst person ever.

Well done! Thanks for the laugh!

I opened this thread hoping that the OP had maybe posted a link that might explain why Mr. Gosselin was being awarded the title at this particular time. The rest of you have been quite entertaining, don’t get me wrong, but it just isn’t the same.

OP? Anything to clarify?

Or you’re not American. don’t ask didn’t know who he was, and as for me the only place where I’ve heard of this person is here.

I’m reminded of this comic strip, for some reason…

That almost sounds like you’re exaggerating. :wink:

But the real worst thing ever is that anyone cares enough about this fool to even discuss him (not picking on anyone here, just commenting on the sad intrusion of “reality TV” into the nation’s psyche).

Exactly.

Where I live we have our own retarded reality TV shows and their “stars”, I just simply turn off the TV or change the channel or avoid commercial radio dreck. It’s not about pride, it’s about wanting to avoid pointless garbage that wastes time; I’m neither a fan nor do I enjoy the recreational outrage. Life’s too short.

We used to watch Jon & Kate plus 8 whenever my wife had the TV controller.

As far as I am concernned Jon Gosselin is a saint. He has suffered at the hands of one of the worst examples of American wife and motherhood, until he had to leave to protect what little personal identity and self respect he had left.

Shrill, bossy, loveless shrew of a woman most concerned about the job she had created exploiting their children, and not even a passing interest in the rights, needs, or participation of the father, except as he was needed to support the travels of her industry. Jon was reduced to a baby sitter for his own kids without any say about the ‘business’ or the family. After seeing the way he was treated on screen I shudder to think what his life was like when the cameras were turned off.

No amount of screen time, interviews on the View or Oprah, can turn Kate into a likeable person. And the sad thing is that she seems to have no clue where things went wrong.

Not to mention lawyers, car salesmen and Matthias Rath?

He’ll have to wait in line behind Pius XII.

The hyperbole, it burns.

I think they’re both pretty bad. I used to think she was shrill and horrible, but honestly, he doesn’t seem any better.

George W Bush is off the hook. Speaking of reality.

Rest easy, Adolph. There’s a new Worst.

I now proclaim Boyo Jim’s Law: the longer an internet debate continues, the greater the chance of a reference to Jon Gosselin.

You got me beat boyo jim, I’m waiting for fattie arbuckle.

I think Kate’s hairdresser might just be the worst person ever.

I believe it is Cecil who said there is a word in German for “a face that just cries out to be hit.” Jon has that face.

Here are some YouTube links. I can’t stop watching! He’s so bad he’s taken over my ability to stop looking!

I hate the clip where he yells at Cara and Maddy and makes them go into the house when they were making a lemonade stand. They were being a bit bitchy but so was he. And I think he said that he was ripping up their fliers/posters.

I watched a clip from the link you sent, even, where Colin was horribly constipated and both parents seemed a lot more interested in ordering new beds. God, they both fail.

I watched the show once. I could not see how those two ever got together in the first place. He was obviously far more laid back than she was. Like the big questions in the Universe, I don’t question what is happening now, but how in the heck did it start in the first place.
Then again, I often wonder how women like that ever make it in the world without being bitch slapped every 15 minutes, and men like that make it in the world without scraping out an existence in a dark, dank cave.

Jon was an irresponsible man who was not at all prepared for his wife to have a chemically induced litter of babies. Kate, on the flip side, is a controlling, self-aggrandizing woman who thinks that she’s entitled to the world because she had a chemically induced litter of babies.

They both need to be off of television, out of the tabloids, off of the publicity circuit, away from the media and focused on raising said chemically induced litter. Or, better, the chemically induced litter should be given to some people who haven’t shown themselves to be selfish, stupid, silly people, at least for a little while.

Wasn’t that the scene where they said something like “We wish mommy were here”? And he got pissed about that.

It was. I mean, they were being a bit bratty, sure, but I’d probably act out if my parents were getting a divorce in the public eye, too. And he just seemed so cold about it. I found myself kind of relating to the kids.

Heh, some reality TV is awesome. Whale Wars, Deadliest Catch, Wife Swap. All those shows are pretty cool.
Social climbing celebrity seekers have always existed.