Judge at Ana Nicole Smith hearing crying? Wh.... why?

I just saw a clip of the judge in the Ana Nicole Smith hearing choking up and sobbing while delivering the decision.

WTF? Why?

-FrL-

Judges behave a bit differently when there’s no jury. But frankly, the judge should have considered the omnipresent cameras to be a jury of sorts and conducted himself accordingly.

Nevertheless, that clip is pretty strange. But judges are human, and maybe he just got caught up in the drama of it all.

Everyone who is even just associated with ANS ends up having mood altering drugs slipped into their drinks.

That’s all I can think of. :slight_smile:

-FrL-

(And, oh man, I’ve just convinced by tinfoil side that whoever it is that got to ANS and her son have now gotten to the judge, as well, though in a slightly different sense. And the judge is upset about being forced to make a decision that goes against what he thinks is the right one. And, oh man, it all makes sense now. [/tinfoil])

I’ve heard that his wife says that the judge wants to be on TV in some capacity, like his own reality show, so I’d say dude is hamming it up for the cameras.

I believe you and I know it’s a cliche, but… cite?

Here his wife discusses it.

I have no words to describe how inappropriately he behaved.

One would think that anyone who would want to be a tv judge over a real judge should be immediately removed from the bench.

Frankly, andyone who wanted to be on tv should be fired from whatever job they have. This seems to be sickness in our society.

I knew they shouldn’t have cast Jeffrey Tambor as the judge. He’s funny, but he’s wrong for a dramatic role.

I was thinking perhaps Vincent Schiavelli or Jonathan Katz, but the former is dead and the latter apparently not well.

The judge may have to play himself in the inevitable TV movie(s).

He’s a disgrace to the bench. Away with him.

IIRC, aren’t you a magistrate, Elendil’s Heir? I can only imagine that you’ve never broken down weeping multiple times during a hearing. :slight_smile:

I always order a recess when I need to cry like a little girl.

Well, at least he wasn’t masturbating like a motherf*ck.

I hadn’t seen the clip until I was alerted to it by a friend of mine who is a magistrate. She called his weeping on the bench disgraceful and further reason the law and lawyers are too often rightfully considered with contempt by the public, and I agree with her.

It’s remarkably unprofessional to sit there weeping while doing your job. That statement applies to practically any job in existance. The fact that a judge is supposed to be dignified and respected by the court makes even more unforgivable.

I have to stand up when you enter the room, and you’re going to cry like a baby when discussing the case? I don’t think so.

At least he didn’t say “Hi, Opal!” or say “Anna Nicole Smith’s decomposing remains… Band Name!” I’ll give him that, at least.

This is very disrespectful to all of the professional onion peelers in the world, and I think you owe them an apology.

A friend of mine likes to say, “every case gets the judge it deserves.”

I’ve never seen a Judge weep on the bench. I’ve been in front of lots of Judges, all over my state, in a wide variety of cases. Never seen anything come close to that performance. Can’t imagine one of “my” Judges acting like that.