Jumpin' Jehosaphat! It's July! More mini-rants!

Flash kept bugging me to update. I wasn’t having any problems, but I figured, sure, I’ll update, don’t want to be bugged any longer.

Now my videos won’t play. Stupid updates. THIS is why I hate to update. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Or Obama :slight_smile:

I have 2 bitches.

Firstly, youtube stopped working, so I had to go research what could have caused it, and uncheck some damned box in my options in realplayer. WTF dudes. I didn’t update my realplayer so somehow it broke so I couldn’t play youtube. Dudes, that just sucks ass.

Secondly, how the fuck did buzzdock get loaded onto my damned computer, I haven’t installed anything in about 6 months. At least it is pretty easy to defang bub fucks sake, I am getting tired of all the fucking advertising and tool bars and garbage that people are trying to sneak onto peoples computers.

“Ok, we’ll agree to disagree”.

Ummm…what? We’re not “disagreeing” – you’re stating something that is factually untrue, and I’m pointing you to citations that show the actual truth. You may not like the truth, but fuck me, saying “we’ll agree to disagree” does not magically make your misguided beliefs correct.

What the fuck dude? Why the fuck do you think that I would prefer to hear that I didn’t get the job before going on vacation? And then when I couldn’t talk because I was driving,you thought it was a good idea to arrange to call me while on vacation to tell me I did not get it? Are you fucking retarded? Thank god instead of spendimg my trip worrying I can instead just feel like a worthless piece of shit.

I’m getting mighty sick of the mindless “Let’s all clap along!” during “The Stars and Stripes Forever.” Not only do you assholes not have a sense of rhythm, as KayT says, “We have an anthem; this is not it.” Yes, it is the National March of the United States. I don’t see you marching.

I came to hear the band. I can clap at home. Oh, and “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” belongs in the seventh-inning stretch.

My Idiot Brother is making nasty facebook posts screaming that I did not attend my mom’s funeral on the other side of the country. I did not attend her funeral because a) I have children and no childcare b) it was the height of busy season at my job and I was afraid they would fire me if I did not work that week.

My Idiot Brother only attended the funeral because he’s been unemployed for over a year and lives with my parents rent free. He has no children, relationship partner or job. He 37 and attends college part-time. He’s currently stalking my friends and insulting them for supporting me instead of supporting him. He’s also doing all that he can to alienate my dad against me and my little girls.

I hate him. He’s lazy, stupid, immature and incredibly arrogant. He’d better hope that dad lives a long time. Once my dad dies I will not let him live in MY house rent free.

Mrs. KronJonDerSohn
Yes, I do know this water is really cold. That’s how I like it, because it happens to be really hot outside. What? Yes, I would mind if you turned it up. I don’t want to be petty about it, but I was here first. You remember 20 minutes ago in the kitchen when you remarked “you smell like sweaty balls”? Well you were right, I did. That’s the result of running around outside working on the honey-do list when it’s 109 degrees and humid. If you turn the water up to 180 degrees I’ll continue to smell like a locker room on a mink farm next door to a cheese factory because I won’t stop sweating. As much as I hate to throw you out, GTFO. I need the entire shower to myself right now.

Why is it that I am physically incapable of packing lightly?

Seriously, I am leaving for Belize tonight and will be on a 10 day jungle/beach fantastic voyage. I’m bringing a bag-o-bathing suits, plus one pair of shorts, one pair of jeans, and a couple of tops that double as beach cover ups. Then there’s my tripod (I can’t not take awesome pictures!), my snorkel (I’m not using someone else’s snorkel . . . I know people do it, but it weirds me right the hell out), a first aid kit, some prescription antibiotics in case I get some crazy jungle disease, then basic toiletries. Somehow, this all adds up to a giant, 50000 lb bag.

Last night, I sat and stared at my bag, trying to figure out what to take out. For the life of me, I don’t know what I can leave behind. Ugh.

Sweet merciful Christ, I just found out that United Airlines charges $200 if my bag is overweight. Um, I better go home and weigh it. Eep. :eek:

The cannoli. :slight_smile:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let’s not be ridiculous.

Have fun on your trip! I do question the need for multiple bathing suits, though. 2 would be good, so you can let one dry while you’re wearing the other. Beyond that, meh.

However, you could probably shed the most weight with the tripod. Could you buy a lighter-weight tripod today? Or buy a throwaway one at your destination? Either option is probably cheaper than $200.

Of course, you might not need to do either. I had packed what felt like a huge-ass heavy bag for a trip to Nevada a few years back, and it was still under the weight limit. YMMV!

I’m just quoting this because we have one of these triple delights not far from where I live.

Fortunately, the prevailing winds are generally kind to me.

I actually might still be under the weight limit for all I know. I mean, last year when I went to Fiji, I was certain my bag was over weight, but it was a solid 10-12 pounds under the limit. I’m going to weigh my bag when I get home and then adjust accordingly.

The swimsuits weigh next to nothing (because I am a classy lady :D:p). I suppose my description made it sound like I have far more than I do, when in reality I’ve a couple mix and match pieces (three tankini tops and three different bottoms) to alternate. We’re doing a lot of water activities, so I wanted to make sure I could not have to sit in damp stuff if I didn’t need to.

You’re 100% right about the tripod. I’m trying to figure out where I can grab one on the quick quick for cheap. I’m asking my photographer friends in a hope of finding something local. Thank you for the suggestion!

I support this rant.
The seventh-inning stretch is a great tradition. I love a bad “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” sing-along.
But the instant I start hearing the awfulness that is “God Bless America” I’ll rise, all right. I’ll rise out of my seat and up the aisle because I’ve decided it’s a good time to go take a leak, or grab one last beer, rather than stand there and sing about a magic sky fairie who favors one country over all the others. Usually I’ll hum “TMOttBG” to myself as I’m walking, too, as kind of a makeshift fingers-in-the-ears “La-la-la-la” tactic.

I don’t know what the fuck I did to myself to give myself a stomachache for a day and a need to poop every 20 minutes but i’d really like for this shit to STOP. NOW.

Taken any Pepto-Bismol yet?

Goddammit, Woman! Stop asking me to do chores 10 minutes before you know I have to leave to be somewhere!!!

I am sitting around, doing nothing, hours before. THAT would the time to ask me to that little chore you have in your mind. But it never fails.

ME: Honey, I’m leaving!
Honey: Before you go, can you carry all the plants from the back yard to front yard and unload all the stuff I bought at Target?
Grrrrrrr

Reminds me of the time my youngest son packed his computer on a trip, screen included. He had two overweight bags, which cost $50 each. The checker recommended that he change his ticket to first class, which would cover one of the bags. The upgrade was $50, so he didn’t save any money. He did get to fly first class, though, which was some consolation, especially for someone with long legs.