Just Post a Top 5 List!

Well, it’s often said that a list is one of the greatest generators of conversation, so, in the spirit, post a top 5 list. The list could be on any topic, for example:

Top 5 Types Of Cereal:

1. Honeycomb - sweet, and the perfect texture. Good dry and wet.
  2. Fruity Pebbles - I like these because they’re tangy and crunchy, and it’s kind of just like eating a big bowl of the powder at the bottom of the box.
  3. **Rice Krispy Treats ** - Taste good, of course, but even better because you’re guaranteed a huge solid kluster of sugary rice krispies!
  4. **Boo Berry ** - A rare treat! So so good! Should probably actually be at number 1
  5. Franken Berry - The sister of Boo Berry and Count Chocula. Franken Berry enjoyed limited success, and I must say those strawberry bits and marshmallows are simply delicious.
    You get me? Here, try this one:

Top 5 Songs by The Smashing Pumpkins:

1. Galapogos
  2. Age of Innocence
  3. Tonight, Tonight
  4. Soma
  5. Zero
    So, that oughta be enough to get anyone started. So, give me your list! I’d love to hear it!

~S&S

Top 5 horse racing tracks in the United States

1. Del Mar
  2. Hollywood Park
  3. Los Alamitos
  4. Churchill Downs
  5. Calder Raceway

Top 5 Genesis songs

1. The Musical Box
  2. The Cinema Show
  3. Blood on the Rooftops
  4. Dance on a Volcano
  5. Fading Lights

My Personal Ranking of the (So-Far) Five Pixar Feature-Length Films

1. Toy Story: To me, nothing can beat the team of Woody and Buzz; Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. A great plot and a ton of great lines.
  2. Toy Story 2: I like the first one better, but the sequel is almost superior.
  3. Monsters, Inc.: John Goodman and Billy Crystal make another great team. And Steve Buscemi as the villian, Randall, was the best. And you can’t beat Roz!
  4. A Bug’s Life: The weakest of the five movies, but I like it better than “Finding Nemo”. Kevin Spacey as Hopper was incredibly sinister, and the ending is dark.
  5. Finding Nemo: This is probably everybody’s favorite, but my least favorite. I don’t know. I found Albert Brooks as Marlin incredibly annoying.

Top 5 John Cusack movies

1. High Fidelity
  2. Runaway Jury
  3. Bullets Over Broadway
  4. Say Anything
  5. Grosse Pointe Blank

OK, how about the top five htdrocarbon reservoirs:

1.) Rapidly buried barrier reefs - all the glamour of a carbonate reef, with vugs you can stick your head in, vertical fractures to feed over great distance, thousands of feet of column; it’s natural refinery nicely encased in shale
2.) Diapiric trapping environments - as the salt dome or shale diapir is formed and moves up, both strat barriers and piercement related faulting create a target rich environment
3.) Sub-salt reservoirs - as seismic technology has advanced, we’ve been able to image reservoir quality rocks nicely trapped below the salt bodies
4.) Purely structural sand traps - such as the ever popular four way and high-sided three way, when you know a porous and permeable sand is present as a blanket, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel*
5.) Stratigraphic pinch-outs - there’s more than one way to stop a hydrocarbon molecule in its tracks. and and end to the P&P body’s a good one, if you feel like you can spot it

Now the overthrust people, the patch reef folk, etc. are gonna be miffed, but I call them as I see them.

*[sub]not really - there can be, uh, “complications”[/sub]

My Top 5 Prince (who Spin Magazine lists all the Top Rock Frontman of All Time, woo-hoo!!) Songs:

1. Adore

2. Sexy M.F.

3. Gett Off

4. Nothing Compares To You

5. Housequake
    My Top 5 TV shows:

6. Alias

7. The Simpsons

8. Reno 911

9. Crank Yankers

10. SouthPark

Top 5 Angel episodes:

1. To Shanshu in LA
  2. The Trial
  3. Origin
  4. Reprise
  5. Not Fade Away

Top 5 Best Highs

1. A cigarette after dinner
  2. Finishing a novel
  3. A perfect report card
  4. A swimsuit that fits
  5. Sex!

Top 5 pops:

1. Diet Mountain Dew
  2. Diet Pepsi
  3. Diet Coke with Lime
  4. Diet Dr. Pepper
  5. Fanta Orange

Top 5 cities (US) to visit:

1. New Orleans
  2. San Francisco
  3. Seattle
  4. New York
  5. Denver

Top 5 lists of the top 5 lists that should of been posted to the “Top 5 lists” thread:

1. Sunshine and Smiles - Top 5 Misfits Songs
  2. Ringo - Top 5 Toxic Wastes Sites
  3. pepperlandgirl - Top 5 Dentists
  4. Rabid Child - Top 5 Woodland Animals
  5. ZebraShaSha - Top 5 Ways to Increase the Wit and Humor of Your Posts

Top Five Tom Waits songs:

1. Goin’ Out West
  2. Romeo Is Bleeding
  3. Jockey Full Of Bourbon
  4. Spare Parts I
  5. Please Call Me Baby

Top five alcoholic beverages:

Guinness
Vodka Tonic
Hard Cider (Woodchuck, inter alia)
Gin & Tonic
Shiraz

Not necessarily in that order.

Hmmm…

Top five non-looks or sex oriented things that’ll make me love you (apart from being a girl, which is a given):

Intellectual curiosity (not just smarts)
Scratching my back frequently
Being funny
Be a good grappler
Being kind, if you know what I mean.

That was a tough one.

1. Cheap, cold, domestic beer in a can
    For when it’s really hot and I’ve been working in the yard

2. Margarita on the rocks, salt - not from a mixer
    Best enjoyed on a deck overlooking the beach, or poolside

3. Dewars & Soda, double shot in a pint glass full of ice, topped off with soda, lemon on the side. Drunk with a straw.
    When I’m getting hammered and I don’t care who knows it, it goes down fast. Great sipping drink on stage, too. Disturbingly refreshing and easy to drink.

4. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale/Guinness Draught (tie)
    *Substitute other hoppy IPAs and APAs as availability dictates. Guinness is the beer of choice for the cooler months. The standard ‘I’m not drinking for real, but i want a drink’ drink.

1. Macallan 18 year old Scotch. Rocks glass, one ice cube. For sipping and enjoying.
    *Other scotches are nice, in fact lovely, but this one always ends up on top.

Top 5 places to gamble in Las Vegas

1. Caesars Palace
  2. Mandalay Bay
  3. Hard Rock Hotel
  4. Bellagio
  5. 7-11

Top 5 games to play with children under 10

1. Cemetary - lie still quiet and not moving first one to move is out
  2. Big Boss- break kids into groups of two, assign a boss give each a chore and see who finishes first- competing against each other for points, kind of like Survivor.
  3. Wash the car- wash the car
  4. Bounce Aunt Nvme off the trampoline
  5. Risk

(All in no particular order:)

Top Five Unnaturally Orange-Colored Foods:
1.) Orange Slices
2.) Cheetos
3.) Cheez-Its
4.) Tang
5.) Grippo’s BBQ potato chips

Top Five Simpsons Episodes:
1.) The monorail episode
2.) The one with Hank Scorpio
3.) The Stonecutters episode
4.) The Guatemalan Insanity Peppers episode
5.) The “Treehouse of Horror” that included “The Shinning”

Top Five Reasons I Admit People To The Hospital:
1.) Chest pain
2.) Complications from cocaine use
3.) Syncope
4.) Complications from alcohol use
5.) COPD exacerbation

Top Five Phish Shows I’ve Been To:
1.) 12/7/97, Dayton
2.) 11/7/96, Lexington
3.) 6/22/00, Nashville
4.) 7/11/00, Deer Creek
5.) 7/14/00, Columbus

Top Five Restaurants in Greensboro:
1.) Bistro Sofia
2.) Marisol
3.) Positano’s
4.) 223 South Elm
5.) Gate City Chop House

Keeneland really should be on that list.

Top Five Horse Breeds:

1. Quarter Horse (because I own one!)
  2. Thoroughbred
  3. Fresian
  4. Paint
  5. Percheron

Top Five Horse Colors:

1. Palamino (because I own one!)
  2. Buckskin
  3. Black
  4. Dark Bay
  5. Sorrel

Top Five Chores at the Barn:

1. Clean stalls
  2. Prepare feeds
  3. Clean and oil tack
  4. Clean and fill water buckets
  5. Feed and water the chickens

Top Five Things I Love About Riding:

1. Feeling of being at one with my horse
  2. Properly posting a trot
  3. Learning to jump
  4. Seeing my (nearly) 6 y.o. improving his riding everytime he’s on a horse
  5. Seeing my husband (Suburban Plankton improving his riding everytime he’s on a horse

Can anyone guess how I spent my Sunday? :wink:

The Five Best X-Files Episodes: I know you’re shocked

1. How The Ghosts Stole Christmas
  2. Detour
  3. Darkness Falls
  4. Invocation (season 8, believe it or not)
  5. Jose Chung’s ‘It Came From Outer Space’

The Five Best Simulation/AI Games:

1. The Sims
  2. Simcity 2000
  3. Creatures 2
  4. Zoo Tycoon
  5. Castles 2/Stronghold (tie)

5 Best Quotes from Spike on BtVS

1. Buffy: Who are you?
    Spike: You’ll find out on Saturday.
    Buffy: What happens Saturday?
    Spike: I kill you.

2. “You won. All right? You came in and you killed them and you took their land. That’s what conquering nations do. It’s what caesar did, and he’s not going around saying, “I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it.” The history of the world isn’t people making friends. You had better weapons, and you massacred them. End of story.”
    4b) “You know what happens to vampires who don’t get to feed? Living skeletons, mate. Like famine pictures from those dusty countries, only not half as funny.”

3. “Cause Buffy … the other, not so pleasant Buffy … anything happened to Dawn, it’d destroy her. I couldn’t live, her bein’ in that much pain. Let Glory kill me first. Nearly bloody did.”

4. “I made a promise to a lady.”

5. “Out. For. A. Walk. Bitch.”

I agree with your #1, but the rest I’d have to replace with:

a. You’re not friends. You’ll never be friends. You’ll be in love 'til it kills you both. You’ll fight, and you’ll shag, and you’ll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you’ll never be friends. Real love isn’t brains, children. It’s blood. It’s blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love’s bitch, but at least I’m man enough to admit it.
b. Joyce: Have we met?
Spike: Yeah! You hit me over the head with an axe one time, remember ‘Stay the hell away from my daughter’?
Joyce: Oh yeah!

c. If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixtion was actually there it would have been like Woodstock. I was actually at Woodstock, that was a weird gig. I fed of this flowergirl and spent the next six hours watching my hand move.
d. I came to you in friendship. Well, all right, seething hatred…

But his best line ever was on Angel:

“How can I thank you, you mysterious black clad hunk of a night thing? - No need, little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a badass vampire but love and a pesky curse defanged me. And now, I’m just a biiig fluffy puppy with baaad teeth. No, not the hair, never the hair. - But there must be some way I can show my appreciation… - No! Helping those in need’s my job…and working up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough. - I understand, I have a nephew who’s gay, so… - Say no more…evil’s still afoot, and I’m almost out of that nancyboy hairgel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angelmobile…away!”

Top 5 annoyances in Amsterdam:

Dog poop
Bicycle thiefs
Full trash bins
[lack of] Parking space
Loud neighbors

Top 5 books by John Dickson Carr:

She Died a Lady
The Blind Barber
The Mocking Widow
The Black Spectacles [The case of the green capsule]
The Case of the Constant Suicides

Top 5 things I find odd in people

Lack of humor
Lack of tolerance
Lack of modesty
Lack of emphaty
Lack of errrrrr… common sense. :slight_smile:

Top Five Reasons I’m Posting to This Thread

1. The fervent home that someone, somewhere, will read this and consider me witty and perhaps even urbane.
  2. I’m out of cigarettes.
  3. Everyone on my buddylist has gone to bed and there are no more posts in my pink-house thread to respond to.
  4. I just took a swig of old milk and I’m trying to to think about it.
  5. Masturbation before 4 AM is a sin.

Top 5 Numbers

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5

Sorry, I had to include that because the idea of making a list of numbers in numerical order seemed somehow hilarious.